Pots not unlocking on set date

I tried to recreate a locked pot that would expire today to see what happens. I made one with emojis only (like yours) and one with just text.

Both of them unlocked by 10AM this morning.

Works exactly how you’d expect.

Sounds like it’s escalate as a bug either via email or via chat? Might be useful to know what iOS and app version you are on?

2 Likes

Since this started happening, have you;

• Logged out of the Monzo app
  • Uninstalled the Monzo app
  • Restarted your device
  • Downloaded, installed & logged into the Monzo app

This dance :bananadance: clears a lot of random unexplainable issues & :bug:s

2 Likes

Thanks for trying that! I have escalated via chat, how do I raise as a bug?

I’m on iOS 14.0.1 and app version 3.53.0

Thanks for the advice! Done all these steps, will try a test pot to see if resolved. :blush:

1 Like

Btw customer support confirmed locked pots are supposed to unlock at midnight on the day you set! So clearly something isn’t working as it should…

1 Like

Unfortunately the problem is persisting - yesterday I created a test locked pot set to unlock today, and it’s still locked.

I have to say customer support are being entirely unhelpful and unclear on how this product is even supposed to work. When I point out the inconsistencies of what they’re saying, they then have to talk to the technical team again.

Utterly frustrating, especially when I used to believe in Monzo and their mission so much, and I pay for Plus…

Is it just me or this message from customer support doesn’t even make sense?

I feel the first point contradicts the second, UNLESS they’re referring to ‘unlock and close this pot’ before the set unlock date in the first point.

And the normal behaviour should be what is covered on the second point. Which is where the bug might be.

Third point ‘the pot should remain’ - remain what?!

When I asked for clarity I got told they need to ask the technical team again…

Surely as a normal function of the app customer support should know how this is supposed to work?!

Rant over… !

1 Like

Correct - if you choose to break into the locked pot early, the only way is to unlock and close.

Remain in existence. I.e. The pot shouldn’t just close even after unlocking automatically.

They seem to know how pots work, from that screenshot - if you’ve then challenged their understanding, I’m glad they are double checking before just giving you a response (remember, you’ve challenged their response as being incorrect - surely you want the correct answer?).

Out of interest, have you given them all the info they need to ascertain that it’s indeed a bug, or have you simply asked them to explain how locked pots work?

I have replicated the behaviour several times and sent them screenshots (so they can figure out the bug). However I’m having to insist this is not normal behaviour for the locked pots, based on my previous experience, and I asked them to clarify how locked pots are supposed to work to confirm that.

I still feel that message above from CS isn’t the clearest, but appreciate it might be just me.

I’m puzzled that they don’t have a ‘this is how pots and locked pots work’ guide or product documentation, even just internally, that CS can refer to and quote, and all questions need to go back to the technical team.

Maybe I’m just annoyed they’re trying to fob me off (in other messages not just this one) like this is a normal behaviour of how pots work and I should just close the pot.

1 Like

I feel like it’s one of these cases where the front Line support team aren’t equipped to deal with actual bugs / the software not working in the way it has been designed, and their scripts support.

That’s probably appropriate too - but makes it harder to get your issue in the hands of actual developers. Edit: But it is hugely frustrating when, from what I can tell, they haven’t read your issue properly?

@nexusmaniac and @hugo (Monzo Staff) have both previously posted topics here with updates about Locked Pots. Maybe they can help get this under the eyes of someone who can troubleshoot? Also @Dan5 who is sometimes around may be able to help.

2 Likes

Thanks, think you’ve hit the nail on the head! :sweat_smile:

Just to close the loop, I got an update that it’s being looked into. Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon!

3 Likes