Post office wont accept monzo

There’s another thread all about this but basically lots of Post Offices, especially those that are in Corner Shops like to ‘double-dip’ on your transactions by instead of using your Debit Card exactly as such, they like to try and do a LINK ATM withdrawal instead.

That means they get commission for doing whatever transaction you are doing in the Post Office AND for a LINK ATM withdrawal. Because Monzo aren’t part of the LINK Network this doesn’t work and they throw their toys out of the pram.

Insist they process it as a proper Debit Card transaction and everything will be OK.

EDIT: Just realised its this exact same thread so I suggest you read the rest of the thread and others on this topic!

2 Likes

Hi David. Welcome to the community!

They may give you the impression they think Monzo is a toy bank, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they’ll long outlast the Post Office

3 Likes

Name and Shame any Post Office’s trying to game the system by pulling this nonsense. Make enough noise and soon enough the boss’ will take notice

2 Likes

Westfield London post office is the worst at this

When I was in the post office the other day I was sure to use Apple Pay so the cashier wouldn’t be able to object to my use of Monzo.

3 Likes

When posting I just use the online pay and drop service, gives me a nice label and saves time in the post office, plus saves all the do you have batteries or alcohol in here.
https://parcel.royalmail.com/orders/quick-delivery/

Or just keep the card hidden and wait until the machine turns on and quickly tap.

1 Like

That’s what I use to do when boost juice said they won’t accept Apple Pay lol. I’d say I’d pay with card and just tap my phone before they could tell me no.

3 Likes