POLL: Card Colour

Its surprising how often cashiers compliment the hot coral colour

5 Likes

Not wanting to inflame matters butā€¦

Monzo is hot coral!!!

Thereā€™s no confusing my Monzo card when I get it out of my wallet.

3 Likes

Is there some proven correlation between age and colour :thinking:

Only your eye sight going as you get older! For me brighter the better!

https://www.tatedesign.net/does-age-affect-color-preferences/#.WeXaCmjTWEc
:wink:

Thank you.

Iā€™m not entirely convinced that we can draw any conclusions from that, though.

Marketeers have colour theory when it comes to branding. Thereā€™s much written about the psychology of colour.

I think Monzo has shown this to be largely bollocks, has identified a specific colour for the card thatā€™s become part of their brand, generates comments when paying with it, gets people talking, spreads their business by word of mouth and stirs up debate on the rights and wrongs of their colour choice.

Colour means different things to different people. Some might think hot coral is childish. Others might think itā€™s vibrant, defies convention or is challenging the status quo.

The hot coral colour for the Monzo card is a marketing master stroke. Whether it was planned or not, I donā€™t know. What Iā€™m pretty sure about is that it would not have enjoyed such success had the card been purple, blue, black or silver.

I appreciate not everyone likes the colour. For me, Iā€™m not bothered about it but I do think Monzo has played a blinder on this one.

6 Likes

That happens a lot. Iā€™m actually considering using my Monzo a lot less because Iā€™m sick of hearing people tell me itā€™s a horrible colour / a bit gaudy. Iā€™ve even had ā€œis that a real card?ā€ a couple of times.

Surely thatā€™s more reason to use it to prove the haters wrong?

The trouble is I agree with them. I use Monzo mainly for the instant transaction updates and the API.
In my personal opinion the colour of the card is horrible, I consider it the main downside.

1 Like

With Android pay just around the corner youā€™ll very soon not need to be too concerned about the colour :wink:

1 Like

ā€œA wolf doesnā€™t concern itself with the opinions of sheepā€ -idk Socrates, probably /s
I get loads of compliments about the colour. Maybe you need new friends?

Jokes aside, I think Monzo has mentioned getting another card colour at some point but for now the hot coral colour is a great way at getting people interested/ aware of Monzo.

5 Likes

Same here, until now I never thought people actually paid attention to your cards but youā€™d be amazed how many conversations started because of the hot coral.

We need a full range of monzo apparel to complement the card.

Iā€™d definitely get noticed in hot coral trousers.

1 Like

hot coral lingerie perhaps

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure Victoriaā€™s Secret already has that in stockā€¦ :wink:

Thanks, now I know what my princess is gonna get for Valentineā€™s Day. :joy:

WOAH :open_mouth: That is one sexy card

Agreed! Hadnā€™t see it until now - as much as I love hot coral, Iā€™d totally dig one of them :wink:

1 Like

Hate that silver Mastercard logo though.

1 Like

I donā€™t knowā€¦it looks kinda sleek imho!