POLL: Card Colour

Choice of both. I don’t like the hot coral, so I use a competitor account for daily use, the monzo account hardly gets used purely for my absolute distaste of the overwhelming bright colour.
I personally prefer neutral colours that aren’t so in your face. I understand most people like the bright card, so if you offer both, and cater for both tastes. Then those like myself who don’t like it, will likely start using the account as our main account if we had the choice of the more subtle card shown in the gif.

I love the hot coral but I do wish that the joint account card was one of the other colours in the monzo logo :mondo:.

In the future then business accounts could also use another of the four colours, perhaps one of the more subtle ones.

3 Likes

This has never been done: Make each of the joint cards a different colour.

I was just thinking about this this morning. Each offering could be one of the four colours of the logo:

• Hot coral: debit card
  • Mustard yellow: joint account
  • Green: business account
  • Teal: credit card (if they create one)

Keeps the branding slick and satisfies customers unhappy with the visible similarities between joint and current account cards.

6 Likes

I still get asked about the Hot Coral, especially outside of the M25 (including Bluewater, a few meters outside). The card is still a powerful tool to engage people about Monzo, and the colour one that people associate with the bank.

2 Likes

I like the Hot Coral because I can easily see how popular the card is. For example, I was at a bar last night and the woman in front of me paid with a Hot Coral card, so I instantly knew that she was a customer.

It just makes it much more obvious that Monzo is growing.

It’s certainly recognisable!

I’m of the opinion they should keep their debit card that colour, definitely. They will always be the bulk of their customer base.

But I can’t think of a reason why other accounts can’t be a separate colour to differentiate them all. I’d imagine (and this is a hunch!) that 99.9% of joint account and business account holders will hold a Monzo current account as well and will be sporting a hot coral card in their wallet regardless.

1 Like

Just a hunch but I guess the concern would be around people who use their joint account as their main bank account. Those customers wouldn’t be sporting the hot coral and for a company that has relied mostly on word of mouth until now the concern would be that another card colour wouldn’t reinforce the brand.

Tiger striped pattern card