Phone not registered -> Monzo signup impossible

I tried to get the Monzo app going on an Android phone that had no Google account associated with it. I get the email and click on the link and the Monzo app pops back up, but nothing happens. In “adb logcat”, it says:

05-22 16:23:39.028 5200 5200 E Intercom: Failed to register or update user: A network request was made with no user registered on this device.Please call registerUnidentifiedUser() or registerIdentifiedUser(Registration).

I will register the phone with Google and see if that changes something.

-jeff

1 Like

Well, registering the phone didn’t work either. I’ll keep debugging and see what I find.

-jeff

Hi Jeff, I don’t think the problem you are having is related to the device not being registered to a Google account, this shouldn’t be a problem.

Also, the message you are seeing isn’t connected to the problem - it’s a message from Intercom, our customer support tool. The reason you are seeing this error is because Intercom can’t begin a conversation with you as you aren’t yet signed in to the app.

Could I ask, what device are you using?

1 Like

I was using an Android emulator, because I am, ahem, between Android phones (crash, bang, oops!)

Don’t worry about me, I’ll hack around until I get it to work and then tell ya what I did.

-jeff

1 Like

Ok great, look forward to that :slightly_smiling_face:

HI! I have the same problem. Did you already an answer?
If you have the solution, please write to me as well.
Thank you very much,
Maria Laszlone Pap

It will probably be easier to send an email to help@monzo.com and they can sort you out

1 Like