PDF statement for individual payments / transactions

Yep with my previous bank I had to do this a few times as the council wanted to see a bank statement of a payment I had made to them, and I didn’t want them to see all my other transactions or have to redact 99% of the statement.

Not a feature that would hopefully to be used very often - but when it is needed it’s so handy!

Voted :blush:

1 Like

Got my vote - but not just inidividual payments. The ability to filter your statement by payee would be useful e.g TFL for tube expense claims.

2 Likes

It would be useful if this could be combined with digital receipts from @Flux to allow us to generate an itemised VAT receipt as a PDF for an individual payment.

1 Like

@kieranmch or a any one has any new on the implementation of this simple feature?

Can you folks not screenshot the transaction and send as PDF?

That’s what I do when transferring rent money but it’s not as elegant as having a statement, which shouldn’t be such a difficult thing to implement to begin with.
For me that’s enough to make me use a different bank that does have the option to generate a statement for the transaction, for my own records and also, in my case, to send to my landlord as proof that I’ve made the transaction.

Implementation of a PDF generator and exporter into multiple apps is quite a large feature.

In addition to that I suspect that each file generated would probably need to be stored somewhere by Monzo too which for a growing company could add quite a lot of expenses that can’t be handled right now.

I suspect that the feature is on a wish list somewhere and maybe implemented down the line.

Unfortunately nothing in a software engineering team can be described as “simple”.

1 Like

Why would each PDF generated need to be stored by Monzo somewhere?

Surely the PDF would be created on Monzo’s backend, sent to the user and then deleted.

7 Likes

@awjdean Banks still need to keep records of documents for 5 years.

I thought they only had to keep a record of stuff like transactions so that they can reproduce a statement, not an exact copy of every PDF statement someone downloads.

4 Likes

Perhaps. Maybe someone from Monzo knows and can enlighten.

My assumption is that any document issued needs to be kept for records and audit purposes.

Even if the issuance of a document needs to be recorded that has to be written into a database somewhere which means someone writing some code and getting it through lots of testing to solve this problem.

I second that @briandh25. Presently I’m using another bank just to pay my monthly rent instead of Monzo. And this means that there is part of my income is not passing through Monzo.
And don’t think that’s a difficult programming task to achieve. But I could be wrong…

1 Like

Is there a reason why Monzo can’t do it? Am regretting closing my old account. Should have kept it open just to make use of the pdfs when I need to submit a proof of payment.

1 Like

Would be handy for some expense claims

Any idea whether Monzo is looking to do this? It’s much needed (by me, at least) and seems to be a popular request.

If NatWest can do this, there’s no excuse for Monzo…who are generally way ahead of the curve. So it’s a shame to see they are so slow on this one little, incredibly helpful, feature.

2 Likes

It really shouldn’t be much to ask… and people where asking for it for so long…

Is there any other place to request this simple new feature?
Or this is the only one?
If this is the place, we’re not getting any feedback from anyone from Monzo team.:angry:

1 Like

It’s been asked for.

What feedback are you expecting? To me it’s fairly clear this isn’t in progress becaue no-one has said it is. There might be a happy surprise next week when something is shipped but I wouldn’t expect it.

The reality is that Monzo has their own development roadmap that they’re working to and while customer desires are interesting, they’re not going to be be jumping away from their own plans every five minutes because someone’s asked for something else.

Despite all of the ‘it can’t be too hard’ comments, at least one person has highlighted why it might be and the reality is that none of us knows how hard it is since we have no visibility of the tech setup inside the bank. Even if it is easy, that doesn’t mean anyone is free to actually implement it.

You’ve done all you can other than wait, I’m afraid.

5 Likes

You seem to be suggesting that when a feature is requested here, it’s possible that Monzo won’t be implementing it toute suite. I sincerely hope that you are wrong :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, this. I guess it must be tempting for Monzo to just implement everything, and then when the whole system collapses just be like :man_shrugging: It’s what you asked for.