How to get payment confirmation?

I’ve been asked for payment confirmation to prove that I’ve sent payment.

Is there any option to get PDF payment confirmation? The only way now is screenshot - but there are other transaction and it’s not clear enough :confused:

Thanks.
Jan

3 Likes

Hey Jan,
There isn’t PDF export yet – could you screenshot the transaction itself rather than just the feed? That has date, time, amount, merchant etc?

I don’t know if this a requirement. But its common that these proof of payments in PDF or webpage prints, sport some alphanumeric unique identifier that allow the recipient to validate it agains an issuer API or webpage.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ll definitely have better and more export options in the future :slight_smile: @hugo shared some sneak peeks of it here: Exporting Let us know if you have any problems providing the confirmation – the in-app chat is probably your best bet in terms of quick replies :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers. Everything is all right - they’ve found payment in their system :wink:

But I can still imagine situations where I’ll need to prove the payment.

Thanks,
Jan

Just faced the same issue, I want to share the confirmation of a payment and I’m sending a basic screenshot. We need something more official on this.

You can download statements in the app now :grin:

Go to the help section and search for ‘statements’ for a better guide.

I think @rafa.ferreira would like an individual payment/debit statement. Not a whole statement. It has been mentioned many times before. Unfortunately, Monzo don’t allow this this yet.

1 Like

This is exactly what I need @Chapuys, an individual payment/debit statement

It is now the 4th quarter of 2021. How can this still not be available? Or please someone explain how to get a simple proof of payment for an individual transaction?

1 Like

Because 5 years later, it’s still not a big deal for most people.

Your best way would be to export the PDF and edit it.

1 Like

Starling offer this in a PDF download contains the payment ID as well as account details of sender and recipient

It’s such a basic feature, it’s ridiculous that it’s STILL unavailable. Disappointing tbh.
I’m in the middle of a minor dispute with a service provider (claiming I skipped a series of payments) and I’d rather not send them my entire transaction history. Such a bother

Wow, 2024. It’s still not there. This is such a basic thing to do in many other banks.
Could the 2024 be the year get it into the prod, please?
:eye::eye:
:point_right:t2::point_left:t2:

What examples would you actually need something like this, to prove you’ve paid someone, opposed to bank statement entry?

I’ve never had to so I’m curious.

It’s a pretty common practice in some countries for commercial payments or legal checks.

This particular time I had to send a customs payment confirmation to Fedex. I also encountered this a lot with immigration and travel visas. They would often ask you for one random payment from a particular period in a certain country to confirm your presence there. Then, they check this transaction with a bank. I once had to provide a household transaction statement to prove my application details to travel.

It’s also often related to payments you do straight to the business credentials. Then you need to send a confirmation statement, where the receiver’s account details are visible and bank confirmation is present—a stamp or a signature of the bank official.

Usually, it’s a one-page PDF with all the transaction details, except for anything confidential, like your card number or a sort code.