PDF statement for individual payments / transactions

This would be brilliant. Currently I have to export a CSV of the transaction, then convert to PDF

What feedback?
Just someone from MONZO crew to inform if this feature is planed or not.

Easy to implement? I’m sure I’m not expert and I don’t expect that every request should be implemented but again, some info could be useful. Is that one of reasons for this forum?

1 Like

+1 here. Not sure why this is not so common in London. All digital banks and traditional banks had this in my country.
But yeah, this is incredibly useful, specially when transferring to other banks, where it can take some time for the money to arrive, but you need to send a proof of payment as soon as possible. As mentioned here, this is a simple feature (not saying it’s simple to implement, saying what it does is simple), that most, if not all, banking apps have.

If this would be implemented as a filtered statement with one transaction, being able to filter it in different ways would be nice as well, for example, a statement with all Tfl transactions only. Or from a certain date range, for expenses for example.

3 Likes

Hello, I’m assuming there is still nothing out from this thread? I’ll just revive this so maybe Monzo can see it again :slight_smile: it’s really helpful for international transfers as well that would take two days to clear so a remittance statement in pdf would be really helpful

3 Likes

Hi, this sounds like a no-brainer - literally every other banking system I’ve been using allows you to export PDF confirmation of particular payment. Not every institution accepts the screenshot, I don’t feel comfortable sharing my monthly statement with everyone.

Is this the famous customer-oriented bank, keeping the thread silent for months?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community

Quite the first post though

I mean you could have joined before if you were so concerned about this thread being “silent”

How many others do you have? Which are they?

I have only seen this with Revolut myself, and they are never likely to be my regular “bank” of choice

It’s the first time that the lack of any feature drew me to Monzo’s forums, that’s how I found this 2 year old thread with rather unanimous support and barely any activity from the staff.

I am a regular user of 3 other banks: NatWest and 2 other Polish banks, mBank and Millenium.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this anywhere in the U.K. banking market (although I clearly haven’t banked with them all) so I guess you must just have been lucky in your choices if this is important to you and is literally offered by everyone else you’ve used.

1 Like

RBS can do this, and I’d find it useful now and then.

Since the fact that this is uncommon for UK banks has already been covered, I’ll address the below.

It’s going to be unanimous because there is no down vote or reason to not want it. It wouldn’t negatively impact anything.

That being said, it’s not very popular when you compare it to some of the other feature requests. It’s not even in the top 20 so this could be a reason why it’s not getting any attention from anyone.

I’m curious though. What situation would you need this in?

2 Likes

If a payment is Missing/questioned it’s Useful to provide a PDF confirmation payment has been made. NatWest provides this functionality

Oh ok. Never had this before. Surely you can just give them the reference number though?

Would that involve going through customer service and having a COP spend time on it though? The generate PDF of a payment would be totally self service I guess.

I’m not sure. Does it not show it already in app?

If not would it be more feasible to show this rather than build a system that generates PDFs?

Deleted, my point was totally wrong.

I don’t think so, but if it did, doesn’t that then going back to having ‘nothing official’ and just a screenshot?

If it did show the number in app you’d say. “Payment was sent here’s the reference number, pick it up with your bank”

I’m guessing of course because I’ve never had to do this and I don’t know what they require as sufficient proof.

I had to do this for the council a few years back with my old bank (Bank Of Scotland). They wanted me to send them bank statements of the payments I had to paid to them for council tax. At first I thought I was going to have to send them whole bank statements with all my transactions - which I did not want to do obviously. Then I thought I would have to redact all the transactions except the ones they needed to see. So it was quite handy when I realised I could, via the online banking desktop site (not the app), generate statements for individual payments.

Now granted, that was the first and last time to date that I have ever had reason to need it, but it was handy at the time :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: just realised I posted in this thread ages ago saying the same thing - i forgot I had, didn’t mean to repeat myself :joy:

3 Likes

I know RBS, NatWest and Santander all offer this

1 Like

This feature doesn’t seem too hard to implement. I would love to use it for reimbursement purposes as well!

1 Like