Payments being made have not been received or showing up

Nationwide have confirmed a payment has been sent from my current account to my monzo and has been accepted. However still not showing up on the app.

I try to talk to someone on the chat and says it cannot send the message… Tried calling monzo and keep getting disconnected.

Why does nothing work with this app? really bad customer service and now cant access my own money…

Hi there George :wave:

Although Faster Payments bank transfers are usually instant, in some cases they can take up to 24 hours, so if it’s been less time than that then there’s really nothing to worry about.

Regarding the chat, have you recently had a new phone and maybe reinstalled the app from a backup? That tends to be what causes that bug. Please uninstall and reinstall the app from the App Store or Play Store.

Hi Simon- you advice to delete reinstall seems to be quite a common occurrence with Monzo - is there a reason why this seems to happen more than many other apps that seem to update fine in terms of functionality? Before I went full Monzo I never had to do this with my old Nationwide app - it just updated and worked!

Hey Peter, it might seem that way but it typically comes in spikes especially around this time of year. The main culprit is usually iCloud - backups and restores using iCloud break some of our authentication, and a reinstall is the only way to solve it. So as you can expect whenever there’s new iPhones out it tends to spike a bit. We’re looking into ways of solving this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah thanks for the update good luck with the fix!

1 Like