Payment declined gov.uk

I was trying to make a payment to gov.uk Companies House but it gets declined. I ve got the money.
Any ideea? I ve contacted monzo but they didn’t have an answer for me yet.

1 Like

Usually when Monzo decline a payment it shows in your feed. Tapping into it gives you the reason.

Do you have a declined message in your Monzo feed?

No, i can t see it on Monzo

Sounds like Monzo haven’t declined it then, the GOV website has. What you’re seeing is a generic message.

I’ve successfully paid for all sorts of things on their website, are you sure you have entered the correct sort code etc? It’s easy to make a mistake with the Monzo one.

So that payment went via GOV.UK Pay (I’m a PM on Pay for record), but there’s a few reasons you can see that page, you could have timed out, failed the 3DS2 check or something interrupted the transaction. Depends on the response we get from Worldpay who are the PSP who would be dealing with the transaction.

3 Likes

I enter all my details and it sends me to verify the payment on Monzo.
I ve approved it and when i go back to gov it says that my payment has been declined

1 Like

Yep that fits with what was explained above.

You’ll have to call them and see if you can pay over the phone or try again tomorrow.

1 Like

Mastercard issue maybe?

Different bank I know.

2 Likes

Does the Monzo pop up in the gov website allow you to verify by SMS? There was a time when the Sainsbury’s app would disconnect if you left to go auth in Monzo. The sms auth worked a treat.

I’m sure I read somewhere that the new rules don’t allow verification via sms

1 Like

All looks OK on the :monzo: front:

2 Likes

Starlings seems to have updated itself as fine now.

1 Like

Oooh I didn’t know it had changed thank you!

3 Likes