Obtaining a Monzo card

@simonb What gen will the investor cards be and what is the ETA for those?

Just asking for anyone that wants to know but I don’t I’m just being nice :new_moon_with_face:

Not sure what you’re asking, the final cards from this point will all be technically the same. Investor cards from what I understand will start getting shipped in mid-November.

3 Likes

I missed out previewing the current account. With the rollout of the current account happening over the next couple of months, shall I continue to use my prepaid card as normal, until I’m notified that I have the current account?

Yep - the app will notify you when its migration time

1 Like

To clarify: I have the CA card and using it with zero problems

My wife and son only have the pre-paid card

Can they - and should they apply for the CA Card. If so how can they apply

Thanks

Hey,
Current Account registrations will start being offered throughout November. Everything should continue as normal until you’re offered one :slight_smile:

how would you expect to ‘use’ the app if you have no card to use and no money registered to the card to spend ?

1 Like

To clarify, i expected a home page, not a waiting list. Reading other forums it seems that the pre-paid cards have been discontinued and i’m in a que for a current account.

plenty of information here - blogs and everything :slight_smile: it is now a queue for a current account as the prepaid is being discontinued - - the current account will operate exactly the same as the prepaid - with hopefully a lot more features

1 Like

That’s great, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

Yes, the Beta prepaid programme has now ended :frowning: You’re currently in the queue for a Current Account and hopefully you should be advancing throughout November. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers that’s good to know :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying.

I am somewhat confused. I downloaded the app this morning expecting the app to be active while i wait for the debit card that is currently available. Instead i’m in a que of 25,047 people for a current account?? There’s no guide available for signing up to using the app, and it only asked for my name, email address and date of birth? Can someone assist? Why can’t i use the app now? Many thanks

I have signed up and got my place in the queue, but isn’t this for the current account? or is this for the Monzo card? I’ve just heard about this and wanted to have it before i travel which is in a week! :frowning:

I’m afraid you’re out of luck - for now! The queue is for a current account with a wait of approximately 8 weeks.

ah ok… no worries. so there’s no way of getting a Monzo card unless i have a current account?

No - the prepaid program queue has now closed and everyone with prepaid will eventually be moved to the CA.

More information here: https://monzo.com/blog/2017/10/10/current-accounts-are-coming/

ok no worries thank you

Hi Simon,

I was in the queue for a pre-paid card before the cut off date. It jumped to zero and then back up, now I’m stuck around the late 12,000’s

I never received any invite to top up my account with £100 and get a card. What can I do now!?

1 Like