O2 Outage

Yeah was thinking that , different department probably so maybe o2 were hoping for something better, edit: seems like they scrapped Ericsson and then went with … Ericsson again (read)

Anyway Vodafone having a laugh

2 Likes

Yeah that didn’t work so they’ll leave the servers in rice overnight to see if that helps :joy:

#iblamebrexit. We need to take back control from spanish owned 02 :wink:

1 Like

Why do people tweet or phone them? It’s not something customer support can fix

1 Like

Wow, I’m no expert but this sounds downright stupid

An initial root cause analysis indicates that the main issue was an expired certificate in the software versions installed with these customers. A complete and comprehensive root cause analysis is still in progress. Our focus is now on solving the immediate issues.

https://www.ericsson.com/en/press-releases/2018/12/update-on-software-issue-impacting-certain-customers

3 Likes

I start a night shift in an hour and a half and our PDAs and work phones are all on O2. It could be a lovely, quiet night.

3 Likes

IMHO the competitors shouldn’t try and score cheap points in situations like this as the backlash will be fierce…

6 Likes

People just want to use Twitter (or any social media) to unleash their fury I find. I decided there were a lot of unpleasant people on Twitter turning into SJWs and it’s contagious.

1 Like

“OK Google, when will O2 get data back up and running?”

“Google?”

“Fine, be like that then, I’ll ask Alexa instead…”

3 Likes

Oh I don’t know, it can be fun. When BA were having difficulty raising the London Eye into place, Virgin took out an ad saying ‘BA can’t get it up’!

Not just o2

They both use the Ericsson infrastructure I believe (hence the link to O2).

1 Like

The status page says it should be fixed by the morning

Maybe it’s Spain getting their own back for Gibraltar :man_shrugging:

TSB are owned by a Spanish bank and O2 by Telefónica.

My mates who are on o2 say it’s started working in the last few mins.

Although according to the news it seems the fix is still in progress.

Quite enjoyed the peace and quiet!

1 Like

Luckily I have Dual Sim phone and have BT Business mobile for my Main business mobile number, personal number is with Sky, so same issues with Data etc as everyone on O2

I work in a Tesco Mobile store and it was hectic today lel

1 Like

Just got 3G back. Not 4G yet.

3 Likes

4G back here

2 Likes