O2 Outage

4G back here

(Nathan Steer) #83

Yay, I’m back to 4G too :grin: (although it was mildly depressing when I got 3G back last night and even that was better than the wifi I was getting in my house…)

(Ray) #84

I had forgotten how slow HSDPA/3G was… :snail:

(Is Santa here yet?) #85

Had 4G earlier but now only 3G :thinking:

(Gav) #86

I took it more as light hearted - although appreciate not everyone will interpret the same way. I actually quite like to see that kind of thing between competitors. Shows a more human engaging side.

(Jack) #87

It’s nice to see some people are understanding:

(Gav) #88

Agreed. I don’t get the whole compensation thing either really. Certainly not to the extent it’s being pushed all over the internet this morning.

Stop being reasonable - you do know you’re on the interweb?

(Ben ) #90

It got so extreme that there was a ‘viral’ post circulating on Facebook this morning that if you call up O2, you get £75. I feel as though there are going to be some disappointed people…

(Is Santa here yet?) #91

But it was on Facebook, how can it be wrong?

(Ben ) #92

True…anyway, I’m just going to get £75 from O2, get a free holiday to Center Parcs and then make sure I share Jet2 Swindon’s post so I can go to Menorca for a week!! Woop Woop.

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #93

I think there might be some compo but not to customers more likely businesses e.g. DHL, TfL and others.

(Ben ) #94

According to the O2 formal complaints procedure (and in line with the Consumer Rights Act 2015), if you can prove that you have incurred extra charges due to the data outage, then there’s a chance you could get reimbursed. An example, would be using paid Wi-Fi. Not been 100% confirmed though…worth submitting a formal complaint if anyone did incur a loss :slight_smile:

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #95

People pay for WiFi??

Nah I meant like “I couldn’t text my nan I want £100”

(Ben ) #96

Desperate times call for desperate measures :man_shrugging::joy:

Yeah, that definitely ain’t going to happen!

(Gav) #97

I couldn’t agree more! I’ve seen someone share the £75 thing this morning - someone I thought would be more intelligent :joy:

(Ben ) #98

Yeah, from what I’ve read, there’s no chance you’d get reimbursed for nothing…or as @Danny says, for not being able to text your nan :joy:

Just if you’ve incurred financial loss because of it…not sure how well this can be enforced…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Caspar Aremi) #99

Compensation is crazy, airtime plans are what, £20 a month of peoples bills? So you’d be due less than a quid. Just accept stuff happens, sure it’s inconvenient but it’s not the end of the world.

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #100

Take with a pinch of salt I mean it’s the Mirror for starters then there is the fact they say it was o2 servers that went down :joy_cat:

(Ben ) #101

Some airtime bills are a bit higher than that, but yeah…I agree. It’s just one of those things where people need to grin and bear it.

Absolutely, but they raise a valid point regarding the financial loss. I think it would be perceived as unjust, especially by the Ombudsman, if someone had to use paid for Wi-Fi and O2/others did not compensate for that. At the end of the day, they have a service to maintain and uphold. I’m not saying I agree with asking for compensation though, because I’m certainly not going through that rigmorale :grimacing: