Major Outage 25th October 2017

Hi all.

We are experiencing a major prepaid outage again due to a third party processor. This is the third time in 3 days and completely unacceptable. We are doing all we can to mitigate from our end.

In case you missed it, our CEO Tom wrote a blog to update you all on our migration plans here : https://monzo.com/blog/2017/10/25/current-account-update/

We’re all hands on deck on customer support right now and I’ll try and post an update when things are back, but it looks like we’re in for a long night…

1 Like

It’s more than the 3rd time. 3 times today alone. The the other 2 days had multiple outages too

its been down all day, really, on and off but I’m guessing the root cause has not been identified and fixed over at GPS

If only there was some sort of token that we could exchange for the purchase of goods and services. Perhaps we could make it out of metal or some sort of paper plasticised for durability. This token would be accepted by all and would not suffer IT glitches or rely on some third party payment processor. It would be portable and sought after. We could call it cash.

3 Likes

whoahhhhh no forward thinking here please

Yeah… Sorry.

Yeah, but I don’t wanna pay any fees :wink:

1 Like

Only useful if there is a place to withdraw it. If there isn’t the that’s no use. And I’m not going to back to cash…

OK, things seem to be back up and running now… :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Yeah you’re probably right :slightly_smiling_face:

Spare a thought for Shoreditch after 3 days of Monzo outages. The only survivors were the ones with the current accounts.

1 Like

Do you mind not spouting your propaganda around here please it’s uncalled for. :man_dancing:

I’m sorry, it was a silly idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.