Not getting paid early

I have had my salary by BACS paid directly into my account for over a year. I haven’t been able to be paid early for a months now. Does anyone know why this would be?

Have you checked that it’s coming through as a BACS payment, your employer may have started sending via faster payments instead. These can’t be claimed as get paid early.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - May - 2022

:flushed:

1 Like

If it’s not been showing at all then the most likely cause is that you’re no longer being paid by BACS.

When you look at your salary income, scroll to the bottom and if it say “Faster Payment” right at the bottom then that should clear it up. If you’re still not sure, just pop us a message in chat and we can double check it for you - especially if it is BACS and there’s a bug that is causing you to not be able to access it!

5 Likes

After 3 years it’s still in a testing phase?

14 Likes

Testing feedback - I’ve been able to claim every qualifying BACS payment (an average of 4 per month) since the feature launched without a single failure. Sometimes it has been slow (timing of lots of other people claiming early I’m sure), but it eventually worked.

6 Likes

Based on this feedback, let’s stop calling it beta/testing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry, but this is complete nonsense.

However, if you are correct, can you urgently get this page updated to be clear it’s a “test feature”?

3 Likes

Basically means they can pull it and say yeah was only ever in testing and we’re no longer going to carry on with this. I would imagine there’s a cost attached, those extra resources have to come online to deal with the peak demand.

Monzo should be clear on this. To me there is a very clear line between “we have launched it, but we may pull the offering” and “it’s still in test really so y’know, let’s just say we won’t do it anymore”.

Is this to get around some legal issue?

Anyway, Monzo really shouldn’t be “testing” a feature 3 years after it’s release, iterate and develop fine, but call it what it is.

3 Likes

I don’t think they are. As @tomsr pointed out :point_up_2:, it’s listed as a fully fledged feature on the main website. Maybe @_Tom misunderstood?

2 Likes

If it makes you feel better @_Tom, lots of people don’t understand the feature!

1 Like

It’s not the 1st time it’s been described by staff as merely been in a test phase and not to rely on it been about forever.

Just for clarity here - getting paid early is a solid part of the Monzo accounts. We’ve got a dedicated page on the site here which @tomsr shared.

Sorry for any confusion here :pray: I’ve tidied up the Topic now.

Regarding your initial query @Jessiep - the incredibly sharp @sheona has covered that for you.

6 Likes

My bad I guess that was the wrong way to describe it I didn’t mean it was a new feature just that it can always have its kinks.

Sorry :raised_back_of_hand:

5 Likes

Naughty step for you :sweat_smile::flushed:

2 Likes

Again.