Not eligible for Joint account - Monzo investor, premium payer and early adopter

Okay, but what happens when you press it?

i dont have any one with a monzo account so not sure if its a perfect test pics below though

3 Likes

I posted these earlier but seem more relevant now.

mines shows on the new home screen at the bottom

1 Like

I have plus and don’t have the button.

But as mentioned above before December I did have it but after an app update it vanished.

Edit: it also doesn’t allow me to get a business account :smiling_face_with_tear: the only button I have is switch to monzo.

3 Likes

Either I don’t know where to find it, or the option isn’t there for me.

-minus 100 points for Monzo support.

Thought I will contact them over my issue but I’m disappointed.

Spoke to first agent who said I already have an active joint account > explained I did not and it crashed and sent evidence I didn’t > She then said its my end thats bugged out so she will transfer me > Got transferred and the next advisor gave instructions on how to apply then ended the chat?!! > I reopened it to which he said he has to transfer me to senior team > the senior team then said do I need replacement cards for both people and after explaining myself all over again proving I don’t have a joint account I got transferred yet again to be told they can not currently offer one. This made me very angry and I told them that but guess what > Transferred again… This time an advisor joined but never spoke until minutes ago asking how they can help?!

Guessing no one can read previous messages with advisors and take a wild guess?

So apparently I have an active JA despite it only showing for the one advisor but at the same time I can still apply for one while not being eligible…

2 Likes

I now give up. The advisor just gave an article on how to close the JA…

Is support run by poorly coded Ai that give random responses?

I’d definitely complain.

Send them that summary and tell them the grounds of your complaint (which sounds like inconsistent advice, poor service and fundamentally no one engaging with your actual question) and see what happens.

Good luck!

3 Likes

How do I make the complaint? Is their a way without having to be transferred again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

“I would like to raise a complaint” is all you need, you’ll probably end up transferred though.

I think once I said I was “disappointed” with something they said and they raised a complaint for me :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Send a very clear message, something like “I would like to make a complaint”. They will transfer you though…

5 Likes

thanks I will try that now and hope for best.

Edit: it’s 2023 and I’ve become @Revels

(Also: I’ve forgotten how to forum. That was meant to be an edit to my previous post. :man_facepalming:)

9 Likes

The option isn’t there in the list in your screenshot, but have you tried ‘Help’ → search for ‘Opening a joint account’ → tapping on the ‘Opening a joint account’ search result → do you have the blue ‘Open joint account’ button shown in the help article? (and is your app set up with the 2 prerequisites?):

2 Likes

Hey @Benjamin1971

I’m so sorry about the experience you’ve had, this definitely isn’t a great experience. Hopefully you’ve been able to log a complaint through the chat, if not please let me know and shoot me a DM, and I’ll help as best as I can.

2 Likes

I do!

1 Like

Now tap on that button and see what happens…

3 Likes

Sad face

4 Likes

As was prophesied.

5 Likes