Normal bank account

A couple of obvious things. Not forseeing the need joint accounts early on is not inspiring. The lack of SEPA or any cross border transfers is plainly lamentable. Progress towards implementing just those 2 things is glacial.

1 Like

I got the impression they do see the need for joint accounts but want to get the transition to full individual accounts first

3 Likes

Because they are both things I 100% don’t need, so since my opinion is always the best one they’re de-prioritising them :wink:

Edit: To add, that is facetious, but it makes sense to focus on things for the wider user base before any subcategory.

2 Likes

Fully agree.
I think maintaining two different systems (prepaid + current account) is quite cumbersome.
Besides that, I’ve seen a post somewhere in which someone from Monzo said that April 4 won’t be the definitive end of the prepaid programme as they have contingency plans in place for people who haven’t been able, or have simply forgotten, to upgrade.

Leaving this aside - you need to remember that current accounts only became available in “preview mode” in July last year, and in January this year for the general public. That means they launched preview accounts 3 months after gaining their unrestricted banking license (in April last year), and launched them to everyone just 6 months later. Sure, maybe features didn’t move as fast as some may have wanted, but there were lots of changes in the background - joining Faster Payments, building an internal card processor that integrates with MasterCard directly, etc. It sounds so easy, but there is lots of heavy-lifting happening in the background that users can’t actually see, for which the code first needs to be written - it just doesn’t come out of thin air.

1 Like

I hope you are right - I would like to leave my legacy bank behind but right now that seems a long way off.

1 Like

Married couples a sub category, now that’s something I hadn’t considered :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.