No UK hours support?

Sorry for the delay in posting this. It seems like Discourse had an outage the evening that you posted your original comment. This was the message I sent over via Intercom:

So sorry you didn’t receive a response. It seems like my colleague misunderstood what to do with conversation as it looked like a duplicate of the 4 Testflight feedback emails (1 about the same issue), which were sent over to our engineering team to investigate bugs. I have followed up with him to make sure he knows in future that these queries need to be responded to and I will personally follow up through Intercom :+1:

From our research Intercom seems to be the best in the market, but that is a far cry from being perfect. As our customer base grows there are some obvious flaws with the design of the platform and automatic conversation management that applies. In the short term we are working to create a better system within our team to manage incoming and pending conversations. We are also building our own tech, on top of Intercom, which should help us quickly answer some of the more common queries.

We are aware that the times for customer support aren’t ideal right now. We are lucky that we have a new team member this week to help us with the load, but the impact won’t happen overnight as there is a significant amount of training that needs to take place to get a support agent up to speed. We have a number of team members starting over the next few weeks that will get us closer to our goal of 24hr customer support. :alarm_clock:

2 Likes

Hi Emma,

Have you considered putting something in place that tracks average response time, number of non responded to queries etc? If so, im wondering whether making that a public dashboard could be interesting ala whats done with the infrastructure monitoring publically?

5 Likes

Hi James!

Our awesome head of analytics & data @dimitri has recently built a dashboard for us to track this information as the analytics in Intercom are not particularly useful (median response rather than mean). I think it is an interesting suggestion to make these public. It is definitely in the spirit of keeping everything transparent! We would need to invest from front-end time to be able to use it for customers, but I am keen to look into this :+1:

2 Likes

it would definitely be a nice to have. but definitely a “nice to have”. if you know what i mean!