No Response from Live Chat

Has anyone had trouble with live chat recently. Started a conversation with the urgent section, after a couple responses they’ve stopped talking altogether. And I can’t start a new chat until I guess this one has been marked as resolved by someone

I had to use it but I didnt mark urgent but it was resolved fairly quickly

Maybe they are trying to find a solution. How long have you been waiting for a reply?

2 Likes

As mentioned above. Depends on what you’re asking them to do and how long it has been :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just over a day now so not too bad. I’ve just asked for an update a couple times with no response, just wondering if this isnornal

If you’re not getting a response, I’d suggest calling them. The number’s on the back of your card.

3 Likes

I had this, sent them a message and Twitter and got it resolved straight away

I’ve been waiting for someone to get back to me since the 17th around 11am. I know it’s not too long but it isn’t usually like this

2 days is quite a while

Someone has taken money out of my account and it’s been two days. Everytime I speak to someone they as me the same questions so I’m still at square one. I find the customer service quite shocking to be honest

Monzo resolved a problem on my partner card within 24 hours. Was a bit slow to start but once started chatting they where very helpful and retrieved our money back.

Was this in live chat only? Try the phone number as well?

1 Like

So many live chat threads, couldn’t find a relevant one to write this in. I am pretty frustrated at the moment that the chat option disappears even though my issues haven’t been resolved. It means if I want to try and contact anyone to chase, I have to go through the whole flow answering questions etc again (and there isn’t an option for “Existing query” or something like that). I have no idea if I will get a response or if the issue has been “closed”. Having some visibility of what stage the “ticket” is at, perhaps in a similar way to the dispute screen, would be nice.

1 Like

The flow is there regardless now I think. Even if you had a “chat” button, you don’t get directly connected to someone first, they are trying to triage first.

I’ve had a fraud case recently and I had the “resume” this chat type option.

Good suggestion.

Live chat isn’t meant to be “live” though. Sometimes it can seem as if it is, but I think of it more like exchanging messages via email. So that something which can seem simple to resolve might take minutes, hours, or days.

Probably deliberately to stop people chasing, when they’ve been told “we’ll get back to you when we’ve resolved your problem, or need more info from you” etc. Instead of just customers constantly going “Hey, any update?!”

Potentially?

Not saying all cases justify this being hidden, and some may be valid chasers!

1 Like

Interesting! I think the fact that it has just vanished makes me feel like it’s been closed (because the chat option stayed for a while). That may well not be the case though! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah I appreciate that. I guess it just feels like if something is a substantial enough issue that it needs to be bounced around the business, it would be nice to have some sight of what stage it is at (and reassurance that it’s at a stage and not just forgotten about). Just another nice to have as I know Monzo are really good with developing this sort of stuff.

2 Likes

This is what I had last time but now it’s been dealt with, it’s gone again and I’d have to start fresh.

1 Like

I had that for a while but then disappeared, which is why I was unsure if it was still being looked into.

2 Likes

Yes I had this recently. All the more frustrating as in the meantime they had quietly fixed the issue in the background and not told me.