New Debit Card Activation Issue

It’ll also be worth getting in touch with support via in app chat (on prepaid account if you can’t access the current account), bit I believe support for current account is limited to business hours on weekdays so it may not be until Monday that you have a fix.

Anyone else having server issues?

Hi James!

Could you contact us directly through in-app chat on the prepaid app (specifying that it’s a current account issue) or by email at help@monzo.com? The current account team won’t be back in until Monday morning but they’ll get back to you when they get in. :+1:

1 Like

Got my new card today but can’t activate it in app. Logged with support early today and just waiting to hear back.

Any other new current account sign ups had this issue?

I had the same problem. Contacted monzo via chat on the pre-paid card app and they got it sorted pretty quick

I remember having activation issues on the prepaid cards, turns out with Adguard on my phone acting as a VPN it wouldn’t authenticate. Don’t know if this is relevant anymore or of it has been patched but thought I’d drop it in.

1 Like

My excitement was quelled this weekend when I too had the same issue.

Made contact via in app chat however looks like no resolution until tomorrow.

Not overly concerned as I knew that this wasn’t a glitch free release when I signed up. Tom’s video made that perfectly clear.

My account is on android btw.

Help

my card won’t activate…

Anyone else had any problems with this?

Contact Monzo Customer Operations as only their staff can help you, the users in the community are not in a position to help

How can I do this apart from emailing them? As I can’t get in chat support?

contact support in the pre-paid app. Just make it clear its about the debit card :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

OK. If you can’t access in chat support email is the usual approach. Try also any phone number on the back of your card.

I had this. Close the app, reopen and try again. If not, contact Monzo support.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.