Monzo - worst customer experience ever!

Hey is7s, really sorry you’ve had this hassle. To follow up on the issues you’ve been having:

• I can confirm we don’t block Starling cards from paying via Monzo.me. I’m not sure what the issue would be in this case, and I’m sorry we didn’t sort the problem when you got in touch before but we’ll take a look to check where things are going wrong. This one is best sorted out via the in app chat so we have your account details etc there.

• In terms of your friends account, as you’d imagine we’re not able to discuss specifics of other people’s accounts, but given you’ve mentioned he’s topped up with your card it may well be that we need some verification from you in this case (we set this expectation out in our fair use policy available here) This is done so that we can make sure any payments made are authorised by the card holder. I understand it can be a bit of a faff to do, but it’s designed to keep both our users and other people’s funds safe.

• I’m not sure what you mean by saying you’ve been removed from Monzo.me, does your monzo.me/[your username] link no longer exist? This is another one that would likely be best looked at via the in app chat where we have the tools available to help.

Again I’d like to say sorry for the unpleasant experience you’ve had here, we don’t want to cause people stress with our processes, I hope by explaining some of the though behind it and clarifying some things it’s helped.

21 Likes