Monzo Plus - Small Scale Trial

With new ways to pay, Apple, google, curve etc. I can see physical cards becoming less used in the future. So the card colour may become irrelevant.

2 Likes

You were probably flagged for being rude. You can edit the post and it will unflag automatically. A simple rephrase of the opening sentences will probably sort it.

2 Likes

Well you called it. I didnā€™t specify which of the two sentences were rude.

Right back on topicā€¦

Monzo Plus.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Removed Posts - 18/2/19

This thread is hilarious! Who knew a trial could rile people up so much!

I think @cookywook summed it all up nicely in his post. People can see the value, but the consensus is that itā€™s too much money at the moment.

As for the card colours, there have been multiple threads about people wanting to pay for different colours so thereā€™s no harm in letting them pay for one if itā€™s something they want.

The subscription model seems a bit ā€œout thereā€ as a way to do it as itā€™s not clear (to us at least) if you can use the different coloured card afterwards or if itā€™s just that you donā€™t get more merchandise after you cancel.

6 Likes

I always thought the standard curve card was a midnight blue? Reckon theyā€™ll be similar?

The aggression is certainly flowing.

Thatā€™s a point that we havenā€™t had an answer to. Whether itā€™s ā€œpay for 6 monthsā€ and use the card until expiry or ā€œpay for 6 monthsā€ and have to throw it away and get a standard card at the end of that time.

6 Likes

I phrased that a little too vaguely.

People can see the value in having packaged offerings of insurance etc, but that this one is not value for money.

5 Likes

With CuCuCovers now being a potential thing

Surely this means that paying Ā£3 a month for a card colour is now redundant?
Correction a fiver but the point still stands

4 Likes

I think itā€™ll be more like Starlingā€™s business card, i.e. a single shade with a matte finish. I think that looks better than Curveā€™s. Perhaps save the ā€œspun aluminiumā€ look for a future metal card?

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget the branch of hbos that defrauded itā€™s customers to fund lavish lifestyles

Iā€™m one who left rbs after my business account was closed after they play silly games on me now thatā€™s childish for a bank that was move valuable than the UK as a country at one point it was so much it couldnā€™t fail but did fall so close the government stepped in

I canā€™t wait for the monzo business account to be available Iā€™m all aboard for that and I didnā€™t like Lloydā€™s TSB original offering for a business account that had no debit card so after a gap went with RBS and it was hell with them so now I have great service with AIB in Dublin for my euro side but itā€™s transferwise business till monzo business is open and itā€™s full monzo for UK stuff and AIB for Irish and euro stuff with transferwise filling in the gaps

I await to see what happens with Monzo Plus cause Iā€™d take a metal card if they offer one

1 Like

Bundling access to my credit report might be useful, and seems a relevant bolt on for a bank to offer

3 Likes

No wonder Starling closed their forum. This thread doesnā€™t show much of a communityā€¦

However, nonetheless, Iā€™d like to see how the offerings here evolve. Like many, the initial offerings donā€™t tempt me (although I canā€™t wait to see that midnight blue (?) coloured card!).

The fact that Monzo staff have taken the time to reply to the thread and comment on their thought processes is ultimately what sets them aside from other companies. Youā€™d be amazed how many firms launch ideas and then sunset them without comment. It feels good to be part of this launch and improvement process.

19 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Removed Posts - 17-02-2019

For some reason, I imagine itā€™s the people who like the brighter, more unusual cards that would be the ones more willing to pay for the privilege.

Or possibly customisable. With a digital wallet, it would be great if banks could offer people the choice of customising the graphic that gets added.

1 Like

Paying for.a card is ridiculous. Itā€™s a bank card

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed until Monday morning due to a large number of community flags.

Itā€™s disappointing that 24 hours later this has been closed due to the number of flags :disappointed:

Weā€™ve reached out to a couple of people this weekend and I really donā€™t want to be having to write more DMs about the Code of Conduct.

Please keep this on topic and civil otherwise we will unfortunately have to close this thread permanently.

As has been said above, we really value your feedback and thoughts on Monzo Plus but a number of the points have already been made further up so it would be good to avoid circular discussions :+1:
To reiterate - this is simply a trial! We have always believed itā€™s much better to run small scale tests - to ship and iterate gaining actual customer feedback rather than postulating on what people might want. Yā€™all have come up with some awesome ideas for how we can make this better, showed us where our assumptions were wrong and given some really great feedback.
Please donā€™t make the mistake of assuming this is the final product! :slight_smile: If we thought it was perfect we wouldnā€™t be running these tests nor having this discussion; I think that goes for the rest of our product too :blush:

28 Likes

And would lose Monzo a lot of money. Thereā€™s no way they could do that so cheap. Ā£30 maybe

Edit: actually my car insurance is over Ā£100 a month so make that package Ā£150

8 Likes