Any updates?

I don’t know about anybody else but this part of the forum has been particularly quiet recently, I’m just wondering when we are going to be updated with some real confirmed information regarding what I’m spending £6 a month on.

Cheers

The product you are spending £6 a month on won’t change since it’s been scrapped

The new premium product should be available in a month or 2

8 Likes

Echoing Emma, you should already know what you’re spending your money on every month and that isn’t going to change.

Everything we’ve seen so far says that the new version of Plus is a new product. While you will no doubt be allowed to migrate from old to new, in no way will your current agreement morph into some new form so what you’re currently paying for is what you’re currently getting.

3 Likes

You’re still paying for old plus?

I didn’t think you even got anything for it these days? Genuinely interested.

Most people, including me, cancelled and obtained a refund a long while ago.

What made you stay with that?

4 Likes

I am still paying for ‘The Traveller’ as I do travel frequently for work (until recently) and it has been well worth it for Travel insurance and Lounge Access!

2 Likes

I’m still paying for mine. I use HelloFresh and 10% off every order means Monzo has saved me a decent amount so far, alongside the monthly interest.

2 Likes

With most places reopening on 4th July let’s hope Monzo is looking to launch Monzo Plus :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I believe it was the travel aspects that stalled Plus. So once those are lifted maybe then they would consider a relaunch.

1 Like

I can’t find a more appropriate thread so will put this here:

With the travel corridors (or whatever) to be announced, as well as in light of all the new code and assets in the Android teardowns, can we expect a big announcement very :soon:?

1 Like

Probably.

I’m going with Tuesday next week (30th) or the following Tuesday (7th) for the reveal.

2 Likes

I might start taking bets… I think I could get very rich quick :smirk:

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s going to be anytime soon.

Weatherspoons being open isn’t going to make much difference to things.

1 Like

I will be on the plane to Gran Canaria on 18th September if I have to fly it myself!!

4 Likes

Does the thought of things being limited not put you off a holiday?

Rightly or wrongly I’m not really worried about actually catching it, but I don’t want to spend a lot on a holiday and it’s a hassle rather than a joy.

1 Like

Not at all - I am craving some sunshine, some time away with my partner and a change of scenery.

I consider myself lucky because I live in a beautiful small village, have a lovely garden and space to chill in. But I’m slowly going crazy being stuck at home and not able to live my life normally.

The impact on my mental health has been astronomical. A break away from the same four walls and in the sunshine is worth any restrictions when we get there. I’d quite happily be confined inside a different set of four walls for two weeks :rofl:

We changed hotel to one we’ve stayed in before because we knew the rooms were bigger, had better balconies and because if we ended up being self contained in the complex we’d have a better time.

The only thing I’m hoping for is that we’ll be able to use the all inclusive as normal, but I’m prepared for that to be different if things are still the same in September!

1 Like

I feel very similar!

Our planned all-inclusive somewhere might now change to Devon/Cornwall long weekend so basically somewhere we can drive to.

I really want to get away and we’re very lucky that we have plenty of green space and the sea, but it’s not the same.

1 Like

We might go to the Lake District at the end of July depending on the situation. My partner works at Lidl and she’s been doing 60-70 weeks since mid-March so any change of scenery will do her good.

I can’t remember the last week when she had two days off, let alone two days off together. I think she’d be happy wild camping just to let her hair down (although she might miss a toilet and showers!)

2 Likes

That’s dedication! Hopefully as a society, we now have much more appreciation for the people willing to work those jobs. We wouldn’t be coping nearly as well without them.

1 Like

She’s just not very good at saying no IMO :rofl:

3 Likes