Monzo.me

Easy to dislike but they really are functional…

Where I am LINE is the big messaging app… And line Pay for money transfers is popular with facebook merchants and small volume sellers… QR codes make it all so simple and is sure its the right accounts.

(Justin) #83

I agree that QR codes can be really handy - particularly if you’re sharing your Monzo.me with another Monzonaught and there’s a reader in the app - but much less handy if your audience doesn’t have QR reader to hand.

And I think if I were sharing with another Monzonaught, bump, Bluetooth or just plain OCR might be even more seamless than QR

(Ben Green) #84

Not all iPhones support force touch, but more do support widgets. I’d prefer just being able to swipe left and tap on my monzo.me link to show it and share directly from there.

(Alex Sherwood) #85

I like the idea of Monzo snapcodes as Phat mentioned, which could be available in the Profile page or by launching Monzo.me from 3D Touch.

Ultimately, the name issue will be solved once you can pick your own. But in the meantime, maybe sending the link via WhatsApp etc. would be easier?

(Justin) #86

Agreed that WhatsApp is great for sharing with people whose phone number you have. However, sometimes the request will be from someone you don’t know (e.g. after a group meal) and it would be great to be able to get a request out to them too

(Justin) #87

I’ve noticed that when I send a payment request to different people who subsequently pay me, the options I get differ:

• for some of them, I get the option to create a contact by saving their phone number, and I can also pay them
  • for others, their phone numbers aren’t shared with me, and all I can do is view the payment. I can’t pay them

Is this a privacy feature, and if so, how does it work?

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about monzo.me. I’d be very grateful if someone could answer.

• Is it possible to add a photo to my monzo.me link? If so, how?
  • If someone pays me via monzo.me, do they get some kind of record/receipt confirming to them that they have paid?
  • Are they asked to enter an email address when they pay (which might be useful for a receipt)? If they are, can you confirm they don’t get spammed with email invitations to sign up?

Cheers

(Alex Sherwood) #89

Not yet, I assume that your profile picture will be the one that’s displayed on the Monzo.me page. Profiles haven’t been developed yet but as Hugo mentioned earlier in the topic, they will be.

They do, it looks like this -

Yes so that they can receive the receipt, it’s optional. And no spam (I haven’t received any)…because that would suck.

(Samf ) #90

Love this .me feature. I can’t wait till I can assign my own user name. As currently giving out my full legal name is rather lengthy.
When this feature is eventually available will there be some sort of order so that users who have been with monzo longer get the chance to reassign first? Maybe release the ability in batches of 5-10k users up to the current number of members.

Begin off topic

@tomsr @Christophorus My fiance got me a lovely Valentines gift this year.

End off topic

(Tom ) #92

Without wanting to continue off topic - this is really good. Really very good.
End off topic again

(https://youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8) #93

:heart_eyes:

Your fiance is ace.

Will it be possible to change your monzo.me link? When I created my account I included my middle name and now my monzo.me link has it too, even though it’s since been removed from my account. :confused:

(Naji Esiri) #95

Hey Awn, at this current time, it’s not possible to change your Monzo.me link I’m afraid. It will stay as the full name you originally signed up for your account with :frowning:

(Alex Sherwood) #96

@awn having said that, this is the plan :heart_eyes:

(https://youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8) #97

Dibs on monzo.me/Chris please @Naji or @hugo

Maybe this could be tied in as a perk for the next round of crowd funding :sunglasses:

Or all customers be able to pick two Monzo.me addresses such as real name and nickname or maiden name and married nane

(Simon Robic) #100

Hi!

I’m not sure it’s the right place to ask the question but I had to issues using monzo.me lately.

I’ve not been able to receive payments from people using Visa cards. I tried with 2 different persons with the same result.

Is it a know issue? Am I the only one having this issue? I see another topic about issues with Visa (but not related to monzo me): Verified by Visa - failed to top up

They have a “this card is not supported” error message.

Any explanation? Any work on that?

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #101

Hi Simon - maybe worth asking customer support with the in app chat - they will have a better clue :slight_smile: