Launching Monzo.me!

https://twitter.com/hugocornejo/status/806506643722764288

https://twitter.com/trstnthms/status/806511124225069057

I’m sort of looking forwards to paying for something just so that I can send people a request via whatsapp etc.

3 Likes

Just downloading v 1.9.0 (75.5MB) to see what all the fuss is about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are credit cards accepted on Monzo.me or just debit cards? I was just thinking that otherwise this could provide a way to top up via credit card which is obviously currently not supported.

Just debit cards unfortunately. Same basic rules as topping up. :slight_smile:

I probably should have posted this here instead:

Here’s Tom’s demo of Monzo.me from Facebook yesterday evening (the demo starts 6 minutes in)

And here’s the promo clip, where a street performer arguably breaks the rule that you shouldn’t use Monzo.me for business but Naji still uses it to pay him :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s also worth mentioning that Tom says at the beginning of the demo that the bank will be launching in spring / summer of next year so there won’t be a Q1 launch (which I checked with a couple of the Monzo team at last night’s Old Street event :slight_frown:

1 Like

Hearted, but of course it’s a :cold_sweat: :pensive:

3 Likes

Don’t take this the wrong way but do you think you could be a little more joined up with your development? I don’t understand why you insist on 2 classes of user, IOS then Android.

1 Like

Monzo’s aiming for feature parity between iOS & Android but obviously the Android app has some catching up to do so it’s not always possible to deliver the latest iOS feature for Android straight away.

@ScaredyCat Hey Andy! Adding new features to the Android app on a regular basis is a matter of priority for us, we just want to make sure we do it right!

There were a couple of iOS developers in the Monzo team from the beginning which is why this was created first, whereas we’ve only expanded our small but very talented Android team in the last few months.

There is lots more great stuff on the way for Android we promise :slightly_smiling_face: Each and every user matters to us in equal measure, regardless of operating system!!

6 Likes

Presumably (@Naji?) after parity has come to fruition it will stay, with new features launching across platforms in tandem to avoid, in the long-run, the “where’s that?” confusion that plagues these forums presently.

1 Like

Paying via PayPal would make it even better!

Looks cool, but I’m really disappointed that I can’t customise my monzo.me link. Looking forward to that feature arriving.

Just wondering if you have any plans to integrate the web payments request API into monzo.me?

@OJFord exactly! That’s what we’ll be aiming for :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

In effect, they actually are doing - just initially only the Apple/Stripe implementation of it.

The web payments API is not finished, ready, or quite suitable for real life production payments to happen - which is why Apple weren’t able to implement it directly.

Soon this will be resolved and rather than integrating with Apple Pay, Stripe’s JS SDK will implement the general web payments API supporting multiple payment instruments.

How are golden tickets regenerated? I donated one a while ago to a friend, but not received any more since - based on the update notes, I should have a new one now?

Thanks,
Michael

Your friend has to use the ticket in order for you to earn a new one.

But if you used it before this feature was launched (7/12/16) perhaps you won’t be given another one automatically…

2 Likes