Monzo In-App chat with agents is hard to find!

If people are looking here, that’s going to be a tiny tiny percentage of people using chat. It’ll be fine :crossed_fingers:

Sorry that wasn’t directed at you inparticular.

Just that whenever someone simply asks where the button is the first response from anyone is to type contact in the search box. We don’t even know what they need help with!

Granted that there aren’t articles for everything but they are very helpful for subjects they do cover.

1 Like

I do agree that a better bot would be best, (it seems that) people want a direct chat, so give them that. The bot can direct them to the answer.

Then if you need a direct conversation you can ask for a human.

I’d rather use the help pages and have the answer than wait for chat, but couldn’t locate an answer today. The answer isn’t in the help pages, so after several attempts to locate chat I ended up doing a web search to find out whether it had been withdrawn. I wish I loved Monzo as much as when we joined it, but it’s stuff like this that now has me looking for alternatives. Waiting for a chat response is fine, not being able to locate your bank’s communication channel is rather annoying.

4 Likes

Easy enough when you type contact us

I dont need to type anything on my iOS I just scroll to the bottom the help page and it says

"chat with us "

Yeah not everyone gets that option which is why you get the complaints, it’s almost as though people have forgotten they can type a couple of easy words in to get to the chat

1 Like

Great for you. But you know full well that this is not the case for everyone.

no I agree , it must be very frustrating for some , not sure why Monzo insist on different iOS solutions to finding chat except for A/B testing, but how long that is going on for :man_shrugging: I seem to have had this solution for ages

1 Like

totally agree, but I do understand it is not sustainable to have lots of paid members of staff answering queries that could be solved self-service.

Leave the staff to do the more complex work that a chat bot / self service FAQ cannot do.