Monzo & IFTTT - Share your creations here!

:joy::joy: that’s brilliant

1 Like

How did the play music thing go mate, I’m trying it but don’t see the option to play a track?? TIA

SmartSelect_20180617-154737_IFTTT

I have it add a track to my “current” Playlist, i make a new playlist each day to plan my day ahead ! :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Monzo & IFTTT - Support Thread

I’m a big fan of IFTTT (and Monzo) so this is a match made in heaven for me. :smile: It came together really nicely over the weekend.

Before the 1p per 10 metres Applet was made I did my own which just charged me £4 every time I triggered Strava (essentially the cost of my commute) I used this to pay for a bike which I got on an interest free finance deal so the plan was to use it for that. Then I switched on the pre-baked applet and the pot really filled up.

The bike purchase was for the London to Brighton bike ride but with these two applets active I’d made enough to cover this month’s payment… so I decided to set the pre-baked applet running on the day. I raised over £86. It was a great driver to keep me pedalling and feels good to give it back rather than asking for cash from others :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Can IFTTT send faster payments? :thinking:

Not from your Monzo account. It can’t transfer money from your account.

well then role on pots with interest :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Has anyone got a applet to transfer the same spend amount at a merchant to a pot? i.e every time I spend at dominos send the same value amount to my coin jar.

Screenshot_20180619-005516

Tried sharing mine but couldn’t. This is how I’ve done it though. Works like a charm.

1 Like

Is there one that does if over x move x to pot?

No not yet - These are the triggers available for now;

Capturet

1 Like

Thought so, thoughs you might be able to make your own…

We don’t have most of the ingredients though. But if you ask they might make it for you. I hope they start releasing more ingredients to everyone

So happy to have IFTTT integration with Monzo! :tada:
I have used IFTTT for a while now and so have plenty of things I can now ‘plug in’ to Monzo.

Decided I wanted to try and incentivise myself to improve my fitness. I have the Great North Run coming up in less than 12 weeks and need to keep myself motivated! :running_man:

Really enjoyed the Internet of Banking stream with @simon and @kieranmch where they talked about the IFTTT integration. I took an idea Simon mentioned about taxing yourself on your bad habits and rewarding yourself for good behaviour!

I’ve created a ‘Penalty Pot’ and setup the following rules:

• If I spend money at Domino’s Pizza :pizza: , McDonalds :fries: , KFC :poultry_leg: or the local pub :beers:, then move £5 to my penalty pot.

• Using my Withings (Now Nokia) smart scales, if my Body Fat increases, move £1 to my penalty pot. If it decreases then move £1 out of the penalty pot. (Trying to lose a little here :upside_down_face: ) I have to do this using Google sheets to work out if it’s more or less than last time.

• When I enter the geo-fenced location of the weekly parkrun :running_man: , move £5 out of my penalty pot.

• I use my Apple Watch with the Nike running app currently but Nike unfortunately doesn’t have IFTTT integration – but I have found a workaround. There is a way to automatically sync your runs done in Nike over to Strava (link here), my plan being I move £1 for every 1K I run out of my penalty pot. Not set this up yet, it’s my job for tonight!

• Lastly, I have an ODB2 adapter for my car from an American company called Automatic. It plugs into your car and can tell you all sorts of things such as distance travelled, MPG, show you a map of your route etc… They have some great IFTTT integrations. I’ve set up an IFTTT rule to move money over to my Penalty pot if I have driven too fast on my commute to and from work – currently £2 for every minute I drive too fast. :red_car:: :police_car:

Maybe one day any money left in the Penalty pot at the end of the month could be donated to a charity I don’t particularly like, perhaps a Pro-Brexit organisation… :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:
Can’t think of a better incentive right there…

Some other ideas…
• If I use the cash machine at work it means I haven’t made my own lunch :green_salad: – penalty pot!
• If I get less than 6 hours sleep :zzz: (Tracked with SleepPeanut) – penalty pot!

Great work Monzo - keep it up! I can see even more possibilities when Joint Accounts arrive. :tada:
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

23 Likes

Amazing :medal_sports:

2 Likes

Love the idea of a Penalty Pot :trophy:

I’ve found the Strava & Monzo integration brilliant for running motivation. So having the Penalty Pot for naughty food choices could be useful. Especially for stopping myself from ordering pizza, cookies & garlic bread as a reward for running 2 days ago…

4 Likes

It’ll definitely make me think twice about bad food choices… :smile:
I like the integration with Strava, need to look into it more - hope Nike allows IFTTT natively one day.
Would also like to include swimming distance from the Apple Workout app. I’m sure there’ll be a way somehow!

1 Like

Would be awesome if MyFitnessPal had IFTTT integration and you could transfer money to a pot if you went over your macros

4 Likes

I just wish Apple Health would let you use triggers too. Was so tempted to get a basic fitbit just for additional IFTTT triggers with Monzo!

3 Likes