Monzo & IFTTT - Share your creations here!

This should hopefully motivate me to keep fit and active now :smile:

20 Likes

Currently having a bit of fun to see what quirky IFTTTs can create :slight_smile: the I “never thought I could use my bank to” style ones !Screenshot_20180607-180756_IFTTT

25 Likes

If I spend at Nando’s, email my wife and tell her I’ve been bad and don’t deserve dinner.

25 Likes

Make sure y’all link to the applets you’re making so that others can enable them too!

5 Likes

I send an email to IFTTT tagged “#showmethemoney” after being paid and all my pots for savings/car/holiday etc are moved automatically. This will honestly save me like half an hour. So good. If I could automate it to trigger after being paid, even better, but this works for now!

1 Like

Well that was easy

When I book my tickets at the local cinema it moves my money out of my cinema pot

7 Likes

How do you do this for each pot at once? Can you share your Applet?

1 Like

Automatically add money to a pot when I get paid.

Different applet for each, all triggered by the same email :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How do I do this? I can’t find the option the share :open_mouth:

1 Like

Using a combination of IFTTT, Workflow and the limited Siri Shortcuts functionality currently present in the iOS 12 beta, I’ve set up shortcuts where I can say “Give me £X” and I’ll have money moved out of the Pot where I keep the bulk of my money.

It saves me from going into the Monzo app and doing it manually :raised_hands:

15 Likes

Another IFTTT applet idea:

Add transactions to my Google calendar
Add all receipts / photos to a folder in my Google drive :grinning:

1 Like

Another health related incentivising applet. Log a ride on Strava (with photographic proof!) - and whoosh £5 is magically moved to my new (currently empty) Treat Jar!

I have then set up a button widget that will withdraw said £5 at a push.

Monzo + IFTTT has brought things to a whole new level of FinTech Fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anybody got an idiots guide to making these things?

I want to create one that does:

transfer £5 into moneybox pot every Monday

Tap If, choose the Date & Time trigger, then Every day of the week at; pick a time and day and tap Create Trigger. Then, tap on That > Monzo > Move money into a pot > Select your Moneybox pot :ok_hand:

8 Likes

In IFTTT click on the plus sign to create widget. If (find date and time) select days of the week and Monday. Then (find Monzo) do whatever you need. Can do screenshots but I think enough info here.

1 Like

Ahhhhh

I was going Monzo to Monzo not date/ time

Cheers :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Haha. How many IFTTT experts will there be by this time tomorrow or next week!:grinning:

Oh and what a great integration!

2 Likes

Purely for total fun, instead of 1p savings challenge, the Monzo swear jar savings, everytime monzo tweets put a penny in the rainy day pot :slight_smile:Screenshot_20180607-211152_IFTTT

6 Likes

Does that include when they reply to someone as that could get messy if so :joy:

2 Likes