Monzo & IFTTT - Share your creations here!

yep, others connect fine, just that first one, must be something about the time entered

i.e. my first one I used 0:00

and you using 21:00 instead of 09:00 PM must be throwing it off

but can’t understand why it won’t save when you make any changes to it

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Re-opened to see if there’s any new additions anyone would want to make.

cc @RichardL

2 Likes

Hi There,
I am interested in this weekly saving challenge where it resets on a Monday, but I cannot find it on IFTTT. I’m on an android phone. Kind regards

Hi Folks,

Thought i would share my IFTTT creation for anyone wanting to set money aside for Groceries and want to automatically withdraw from that pot, when transactions are categorised as Groceries.

Let me know if there’s any issues,

2 Likes

Monzo have just released a bunch of new Applets.

I thought they’d given up on IFTTT (I have) so i wonder what prompted them to do this :thinking:

3 Likes

Probably someone with a bit of spare time who had nothing else better to do.

Maybe it’s part of something bigger :eyes:

Wonder if the :monzo: Friday ‘code tinkering’ day has returned?

That’s interesting if it is. I wonder how this fits in with @emmag vision for aligning the two platforms in terms of features.

I see they’ve released a ‘notify when there’s an iOS update’, but where is the Andriod one :cry:

The parity list in the other topic keeps growing :pensive:

Some of these are recipes I created #with a little help (I recognise the code) but I ditched them after ifttt put filter code behind a paywall… So wonder if that has something to do with it

1 Like

I know there’s something somewhere but is there a way of moving money spent on an Amex to a pot?

There’s a guide here somewhere. We need a wiki on ways to extend and improve Monzo! :eyes::thinking:

1 Like

Back to the new applets, I just can’t get excited about this since IFTTT started double dipping by charging both users and Monzo.

Some of these would be much better as native options in the app :eyes:

1 Like

Some of them kind of are. I use a virtual card and pot for my transport already. You could do the same with groceries etc.

I made a super clunky way to do it based on a statement email once a week! Needs Plus to work though. It was super janky so I stopped using it.

1 Like

Found it:

Even clumsier than I remembered it. :smiley: It requires Zapier, and I’m not sure if Zapier’s free service allows ^ anymore

1 Like

Surprised anyone uses IFTTT anymore tbf, it was semi useful as a free service, it’s obsolete to me as a paid service.

You have to pay for it now?