Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

Version: 2.36.0 :tada:

Changelog: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-beta-channel-changelog/10207/995?u=nexusmaniac

Some very interesting changes packed in this week’s update :eyes::hot_coral_heart:

16 changes this week :smiley:

<string name="energy_quote_unavailable_area">Octopus Energy is not available in your area</string>

Monzo can now let customers know whether they’re eligible for Octopus energy :sunglasses:

<string name="external_card_truelayer">truelayer</string>
<string name="external_cards_onboarding_amex_connected">Amex is now connected</string>
<string name="external_cards_onboarding_amex_connected_subtitle">You can now see your credit card balance in your Account.</string>

After my post here https://community.monzo.com/t/credit-card-inside-monzo/60225?u=nexusmaniac, I am happy to share that the strings show some significant progress :hot_coral_heart::hot_coral_heart::hot_coral_heart:

Controversial change, perhaps, this week…

<string name="loan_usp_from_pot_header">Reach your Pot goal sooner</string>

<string name="pot_goal_loan_promotion">Reach your Pot goal sooner</string>
<string name="pot_goal_loan_promotion_button_text">Learn More</string>
<string name="pot_goal_loan_promotion_message">You're eligible for a loan of up to %s to help you hit your Pot goal.</string>
<string name="pot_goal_loan_promotion_title">Reach your Pot goal sooner</string>

#opinion, I don’t think that Monzo should push loans for people who want to reach their pot goal :see_no_evil: from my perspective a pot goal is something manageable / controllable, not something I think I would ever need a loan for :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m interested to hear what others think though! :grin: Would this be useful for you?
(Bear in mind that there’s nothing in the actual app, yet. This is likely part of an A/B test)

And to wrap things up on a super happy note :hot_coral_heart:

There’s pot history :heart_eyes:

<string name="pot_history_action">History</string>  

image image

This can be reached by tapping “History” or the “Deposits” “Withdrawals” and “Round ups” boxes :sunglasses:

Pretty swish :smirk:

7 Likes