Monzo Pot History 🍯

The time is upon us! :eyes::tada:

We can finally see the history of a pot with the simple tap of a button :hot_coral_heart:

image image

This is as a part of the 2.36.0 update - you can read more about that here: https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-teardowns-deep-dives/58518/52?u=nexusmaniac / https://community.monzo.com/t/monzo-for-android-beta-channel-changelog/10207/995?u=nexusmaniac

It’s pretty fantastic IMO! :smiley:

You can even see your Deposits:

Withdrawals:

And the purchases which have rounded up :boom:

(too easy to find out where I live :see_no_evil: so no screenshot) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Android always gets the best stuff first :wink:

4 Likes

Here’s what it looks like!

5 Likes

It doesn’t show interest payments on savings pots, so is still not a substitute for a proper statement!

How am I going to fill in my tax return later on this year (er, probably in October-ish…) and find out how much interest I earned on the pot in the 2018–2019 tax year?

4 Likes

Such a messy implementation

Another great piece of input :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What makes you say that? :slight_smile:

Is it missing something that you’re after? (I reckon it’d be wicked to add Search :mag: to the new screens but there’s plenty of time for tweaks :sunglasses:)

My issue with the implementation for Round Up pot history is that the only way to find out how much was put into the pot for each transaction is to click them individually.

All the information is unnecessary.
A standard pot is simply a ringfenced section of an account. It doesn’t need a separate transaction feed, as nothing has actually moved from the account.
Starlings implementation has this spot on in my view.
The interested bearing third party pots are slightly different. Is interest paid annually on them or more regularly?

It’s paid monthly.

1 Like

Why do you need to know?

It doesn’t appear to be working for joint pots, or is that just me?

It’s working for me

1 Like

If its unnecessary then ignore it.

Some people requested this and i for one am glad to see it.

I agree with this though, doesnt make sense to show the full transaction amount here

3 Likes

Feedback from me on this…

• Some of my pots have no history
  • Some just have deposits only
  • Some just have the last couple of deposits (savings pots)
  • As per @16bitkieran screenshot above (Monzo Pot History 🍯) on round up pots it shows the full transaction amount and not how much was deposited into the pot.
  • No pots on my joint account have history

I assume the first 3 points are just issues with historical data that may or may not have been captured? But going forward it will record incoming and outgoings more accurately?

Hope this helps!

1 Like

1 Like

I’d love to know more on this.

This is all in my head and I obviously dont work at Monzo so this could all be completely wrong but…

• We don’t need to make fake feed items… just present them better when in this view? :thinking:
  • Feed items are what, JSON in the background?
  • So would it be hard to possibly do a check in this view for an attached “round up value” in this JSON and then show this instead?

Just to reiterate I could be completely wrong and am more curious to if this will be a permanent limitation or something that can be improved upon down the line in Pot History 2.0

1 Like

Update.

Must have taken time for it to collate but my JA pots now have history :heart:

2 Likes

When I look at pot detail, I don’t want to see feed items filtered for that pot, I want to see the ledger for the pot!

I think that’s what he is saying, isn’t it?

His reply is a response to Monzo announcing that it isn’t possible and @nathanthomson8 wants to know why.

1 Like