Credit Card inside Monzo 👀

Monzo just sent out their Making Monzo February :eyes:

I don’t use a credit card but now I wish I did :joy: (Not really)

This looks epic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: can’t wait to see monzo pull it off :sunglasses:

Edit: From @edwoollard

Initially it’s just going to be Amex, but we have plans to expand it. It’s just Amex is very popular and a nice place to start. :+1:

41 Likes

Really looking forward to this, along with the potential for it to put aside money into a committed spend pot for the DD.

12 Likes

I just saw this too haha. Very cool!

3 Likes

Iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I’d love to see balances in the app like this, it’s exactly where I’d like Monzo to grow but I am in two minds about putting the money aside as I spend.

It’s definitely not what I do at the moment but I like the idea. The problem for me is that the month where I transitioned to that mechanism from what I do now would be painful and probably very overdrawn.

I’d need to give it serious thought.

The other thing I’d want to be careful around with this is the impact on the summary Comitted Spending figures. Current card balance clearly only reflects future DD at the very end of the month but there may be room for some clever calculating in there somewhere to mesh the last months payment with this months running balance to try and reach a better estimate of future balance. I clearly haven’t thought about what I would want that to look like. :thinking:

6 Likes

may or may not have taken out an Amex just to test this :joy:

22 Likes

I have one in my name…but it’s corporate so use is exceptionally restricted. I need to try and find an excuse for some business expenses once this launches.

2 Likes

may or may not take out an Amex and then request early access :innocent::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe

3 Likes

I’m hoping (even if it’s in a later iteration) that there will be the option to see Amex transactions in the usual feed/count towards summary as well as just viewing the balance. Then I would be more inclined to put more of/all my spending on my Amex and reap the rewards while still getting the benefit of Monzo’s budgeting features. I might be dreaming though :pleading_face:

13 Likes

Summary in Account Balance mode is how I keep an eye on my monthly spending. Adding Ames stuff in there would make it unusable for that so I’d want to see DDs etc accounted for in Pulse first.

I’d also be one to vote for individual account feeds rather than a combined one.

Having said all that, if I moved to putting
money in a pot at transaction time then this may make more sense.

3 Likes

I use my Amex card a lot - this is a great direction to move in and I’m excited to see it working.

I tried the whole open banking thing and the experience is horrendous in other banking apps, I added nationwide to Barclays and I have no idea why they thought real time updates were not something they needed to implement.

1 Like

Give me a shout if you want £25 bonus for signing up! :wink:

1 Like

Applied for an AMEX this afternoon in preparation for this!! I would also like to see individual transactions and be able to categorise them on summary :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So at the moment I send my round ups to a pot and transfer the pot balance via bank transfer to my credit card at the end of the month.

What would be nifty is rounding up straight onto my credit card!

3 Likes

Or a pot that automatically puts enough aside to pay your credit card bill…

4 Likes

This is where I’m hoping it’s heading

1 Like

If anyone wants 4,000 bonus membership points when signing up for AMEX then follow this link: http://amex.co.uk/refer/daniesd5ms?CPID=100200078 :grimacing:

Paging @nickh

This is not a drill. This is not a drill.

:joy: :credit_card:

1 Like

May of just ordered an Amex :eyes:

1 Like

Shame they couldn’t have got this as a launch feature of JAJA. Could be a great partnership…

5 Likes