Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #41

Another beta, another teardown :boom:

Version: 2.35.0

Changelog: Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

Changes: :eyes:

Removed

<string name="delayed_flight_description">You might be able to get compensation for your delayed flight.</string>
    <string name="delayed_flight_details_message">"Since your flight was delayed by more than 3 hours, you might be eligible for compensation from the airline. Visit their site and fill in some details to find out.

We don’t make any money from this - we just wanted to let you know."</string>
    <string name="delayed_flight_details_primary_button">Take me to the airline</string>
    <string name="delayed_flight_details_secondary_button">I’m not interested</string>
    <string name="delayed_flight_details_title">Your delayed flight to %1$s</string>
    <string name="delayed_flight_tell_me_more">Tell me more</string>
    <string name="delayed_flight_title">Did you know…</string>

Lost some delayed flight info :stuck_out_tongue:

Added

<string name="developer_options_pref_key_strict_mode">strict_mode</string>

I don’t know what this means, seems that it might only be relevant at Monzo (internally) :slight_smile:

<string name="payments_title_invoices">Invoices</string>
    <string name="payments_title_payments">Payments</string>
    <string name="payments_title_scheduled">Scheduled</string>

I think invoices might be business specific :eyes:

<string name="pot_goal_loan_promotion">Boost this Pot with a loan</string>

Woah?! What? :grimacing:

Changed

<string name="pot_class_subtitles_savings">"%1$s
For savings of %2$s or more
Earn %3$s interest"</string>
    <string name="pot_class_subtitles_savings_no_interest">"%1$s
For savings of %2$s or more

Savings pots now looks very interesting :thinking:

OLD
<string name="pot_error_deletion_locked_subtitle">You’ve locked this Pot until %s. If you need the money sooner, please chat with us.</string>
NEW
<string name="pot_error_deletion_locked_subtitle">You’ve locked this Pot until %s.</string>

&

OLD
<string name="pot_lock_description">We’ll unlock it at midnight on this date. If you need the money sooner, you’ll need to get in touch with us.</string>
<string name="pot_lock_generic_warning_dialog_message">You’ve locked this Pot. If you need the money sooner, please chat with us.</string>
NEW
<string name="pot_lock_description">We’ll unlock it at midnight on this date. You won’t be able to unlock or withdraw money before this date.</string>
<string name="pot_lock_generic_warning_dialog_message">You’ve locked this Pot.</string>

No longer instructing users to contact COps for Pot unlocks :thinking: I wonder why?

Assets:

ic_graph

I wonder what this will indicate :eyes:

Lost a suitcase! Better go and check baggage claim :wink:

Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog :male_detective:
(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #42

Feature Flags:

<boolean name="monzo_requests_enabled" value="true" /> - Now True :white_check_mark:
<boolean name="business_account_switcher_enabled" value="true" /> - Now True :white_check_mark:
<boolean name="graphql_iapi_bizops_card_panel" value="false" /> - New :sparkles:
<boolean name="chat_suggested_articles_enabled" value="false" /> - New :sparkles:
<boolean name="new_payments_screen_enabled" value="false" /> - New :sparkles:
<boolean name="monzo_helper_enabled" value="false" /> - Deleted :x:

Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog :male_detective:

Anyone come across the delayed flight stuff before?

I wonder why it was removed.

(Michael) #44

How would they have known, even in the event I used them to book the flight?

Guess they did not and now will not

I am going to assume personally that this was an abandoned experiment and the strings were lingering unused and now spotted during new changes

I believe some airlines put the reference number in the transaction data. Maybe they were able to scrape/correlate that.

Still think it’s a cool idea. Would love to know some more about it!

(Kolok) #46

Here’s a bit of info, I guess they’ve built on this

(Chris Rimell) #47

Does that still work? None of my flights including a BA booking don’t have these details

(Kolok) #48

I don’t know, hopefully one of the staff can tell us.

Are you booking via any sort of third party?

(Chris Rimell) #49

Nope all direct. easyJet, BA and KLM recently used

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #50

Probably because there was a guy on here, who said he requested unlocks every other day, and thought it was normal :laughing:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.