Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #998

Ooo I would love a percentage on pots for Android :eyes: looks nice :sunglasses:

It’s the one thing iOS has over Android :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hehe :yum:

I think this might only be for the new Account tab - I’m not seeing percentages for any of my pot goals on iOS.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1000

Yeeey I’ve got the new account layout :partying_face:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1001

Just got onto the A/B rollout of the new Account page :hot_coral_heart:

It looks bloody fantastic. I love every single bit of the new design, from the % of a pot goal, to the total amount in my pots, the tidy card management buttons smack bang in the middle of the screen and the beautiful compact pots… Monzo have done an immense job of the redesign here :raised_hands:

Everything flows nicely, it looks cleaner and there’s no more wasted space :boom:

The only comment I have now is that “Borrowing” needs to be moved :joy: I don’t think it should be where it is, I reckon it should live with the “Add money” button.

I know that @edwoollard had a lot to do with this work so I wonder whether you’d be able to expand on why the Overdraft button is where it is? :slight_smile: I’m guessing that with Overdraft, Loans & Amex - it might look a bit more sensible? :blush:

The current position just makes it look a bit lonely and a bit too “please press me, I’m in the middle” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Other than that, I love the new page :tada:

:point_up:I completely agree with those comments on the Borrowing bit. Looks a bit lost and pointless if you’re not actively borrowing.

I think any loans you take out with Monzo and the ability to apply for a loan might go there too which is probably the reason it has its own section.

I do think the section would be better placed below the Pots section though.

(Bradley) #1004

I really like the re-design, except for the fact that I can no longer quickly see which of my pots is locked.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1005

That doesn’t sound ideal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: let me lock a pot and see what it looks like :eyes:

(Bradley) #1006

You can click on each individual pot and then it shows the padlock symbol, so perhaps not a big issue, but it was nice being able to quickly see the padlock icon just by scrolling through the main pots page.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1007

Oh dear :see_no_evil: yeah that’s not ideal! There’s zero indication from the account page, you have to click into a pot to find out whether it’s locked - great if you remember everything you’ve locked, not great otherwise.

I’d definitely suggest that monzo put a padlock somewhere more prominent :grin:

Screenshots:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1008

Quick and dirty mockup…

Does everybody think this would be a bit better? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Sam) #1009

I like it, but with custom pot pictures, people may not like a big padlock covering their custom picture :frowning:

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1010

Yeah I agree. Just a small padlock before the pot name will suffice - same size as the font used :slight_smile:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1011

Much better :sunglasses:

A new look for the Account tab
((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1012

Yeah that’s better. Quickly mocked up my idea too:

I noticed the ‘leaf’ icon comes after the ‘Home deposit’ pot so perhaps the lock icon could go at the end too?

A new look for the Account tab
(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #1013

Looks like that design aspect didn’t make it’s way to production :eyes: the leaf is still on the pot photo for me :yum: I think it would look pretty clean on the end (assuming the name wasn’t excessively long :joy:)

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #1014

Ahhh ok, I just “borrowed” this image from the announcement thread to add my padlock :smiley:

There is enough room for a pot name to go onto 2 lines but anything silly you could always trim it with an ellipsis and add the icon after :sunglasses:

Plenty of good ideas though :eyes: . Now you can also see the new account screen I think you’ll agree that whatever Monzo choose it will be nice and clean :love_you_gesture: they’ve done a great job :tada:

I think the lock and leaf either at the top left of the pot image or at the beginning of the title would work best. Long pot names/small screens would cause issues.

(Sean) #1016

I prefer the icon on the image corner personally as it eliminates and questions around name etc.

(Adam) #1017

@nexusmaniac - out of interest, did the account page automatically change or did you need to reinstall?