Monzo doesnt work at Asda petrol pump

1 specific retailer has an issue so it doesn’t fit into any of those categories. Since it is just 1 it could well be an issue that Asda are having

2 Likes

Surely it comes under “card payments”? Most Monzo customers don’t use this forum so if people are being declined at Asda, it would be helpful to put a notice on there.

5 Likes

It would be helpful but it likely doesn’t fit under the how they’ve defined their monitoring and what counts ass a service problem.

Just looked at twitter and there’s only a handful of reports and using Monzo with Apple Pay works. It’s a weird one

If I recall correctly you need a card for pay at pump.

Our cards currently won’t work with Asda pay at pump at the moment sadly.

We’re working with them and Mastercard to find a resolution here :+1:

4 Likes

That’s not good. What was the reason @hughwells ?

It’s something we’re trying to establish now :slight_smile:

1 Like

As it worked with:

Starling > MasterCard > ASDA
Monzo > MasterCard > other

Has ASDA done something silly? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Any news on this?

Is it just an issue with Asda turning off the facility for all cards after 10pm ? - according to Asda in the twitter feed pay at pump doesnt work for either Monzo or Starling after 10pm , presumably all cards ??? after 10pm ?

6pm on the 28th Feb for me. (Left receipt Starling)

Point%20Blur_Mar022019_100042

2 Likes

Ahhh I had this and reported via Chat with a screenshot of my failed receipt…

It used to work… this wasn’t even pay at pump it was pay at Kiosk… worked fine in the ASDA store…

I’m not sure it would be appropriate to have “Another company are refusing our cards” on the internal systems status page. Anyway, Monzo systems are working fine by the sounds of it, this is an acceptance issue.

It might get a reaction from Asda though.

5 Likes

They wouldn’t let me pay inside the petrol station either. He made me get cash out to pay for my fuel. Told me that he had been told by head office not to accept the cards.

2 Likes

Yup, we believe this to be the the case.
Unfortunately, as per all acceptance issues there is rarely a quick fix but we are working to get it sorted :+1:

It won’t be making it’s way to the status page I’m afraid as it is a merchant acceptance issue rather than, say, a problem with our Mastercard processor.

Apologies again to anyone affected :pray:

3 Likes

I have been to asda today and couldnt pay at the petrol pump. Went inside and the man behind the counter told me he wasn’t allowed to accept Monzo card and that I would need to go and get cash out to pay for my petrol. This is the third place today that have told me they do not accept Monzo cards anymore. Whats going on? Do I need to go back to Santander. Is our money still safe?

There’s an issue with Asda the last 2 days that they’re sorting out. What were the other 2?

The cat cafe in Leeds and the cosy club

Cat cafe haven’t taken it since prepaid days.

So nothings going on, there’s a technical issue with Asda and, if cosy club is as well known an issue as the cat cafe, you’ve unfortunately accidentally chose retailers who have always been an issue