Monzo Community "App"

Neat little thing I found, or more accurately, Google pointed out to me! :point_right: On Android a popup appeared in the middle of my screen suggesting that I add Monzo to my home screen, I assumed it was some kind of progressive web app for a moment :wink:

Basically I get a lovely 2nd Monzo logo on my phone which links to the Community Forum! :slight_smile:

It’s got its own splash screen and besides that… It’s just a web tab in its own window :smile:
Screenshot_20171108-231612

It’s really simple to add this to your own device (Android) I’ve no idea if the same is true of iOS, though, I’m sure I’ll find out soon enough! :wink:

Where you see “Open Monzo Community” it’ll instead say “Add to Home Screen”:
Screenshot_20171108-232326

This results in a nice app appearing in your app draw & home screen:
Screenshot_20171108-232451

Not too shabby, eh? :grin:

4 Likes

This just popped up for me too and was about to write this very post but you’ve beaten me to it! :grin:

1 Like

Mwahahaha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy: That was my plan, beat everyone to the punch :innocent:

1 Like

The option on iOS doesn’t seem quite as fancy, there’s no splash screen, and it only opens the community in a new tab on Safari :disappointed:

But if you go into the Safari share menu and add it to your home screen you then do get the option of getting

(or even a third! :grinning:)

2 Likes

You can do this with most sites on Andriod tbh. It’s like a bookmark with an icon.

1 Like

Indeed! :smiley:

But isn’t it more fun because it’s Monzo? :wink:

1 Like

Have fun :smile:

I should have mentioned because I been using for sometime and thought people might know already because chrome prompts every now and then when you visit a site regularly.

I wish that saving a site like this would enable alerts, so it was more like an actual app. Discourse is great on mobile, but I miss the alerts.

There’s a mobile app for that, yes it’s rubbish - it just displays the site in an embedded browser - but that’s not the point, it’s just for sending mobile notifications which it does very well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Android version;

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.