Monzo app link missing in Google Pay app

(Simon Hunter) #1

Hey

For all other cards I have in Google Pay - Halifax, starling, NatWest, nationwide: there is a button at the bottom to open the banks app directly from in the Google Pay app.

This is missing for Monzo. Is everyone seeing this missing or is it just me? I’m guessing it just needs added to the ur Google Pay provisioning to get it to work :slight_smile:

(Eve) #2

I’m assuming you mean Monzo? The image for Starling shows it exists

Monzo has the same functionality to add directly in app but after adding the card the first time the link disappears if I’m not wrong. I definitely saw discussion about this on the Apple Pay thread so perhaps this isn’t the first time you’ve added a card to your wallet? Maybe a staff member can confirm :thinking:
Are there any other features you feel are lacking in Monzo compared to Starling you’d like to give feedback on for improvement? :slightly_smiling_face: You’ve started three threads about a feature that would (ideally) be only used once

(Liam W) #3

I think you’re getting confused about what’s being said.

The OP is specifically talking about how the link to the Monzo app doesn’t exist in the Google Pay app, not that you can’t add the card to Google Pay from the Monzo app.

Liam

(Eve) #4

Oh I referenced his previous posts re: a smoother link to adding card to Google Pay since I’m guessing not being able to add the card directly in app and the lack of a direct app link is related.
His post also says it’s missing in Starling but judging from the title and the screenshots he means Monzo? I’m able to open the app from my wallet directly, though, so I’m guessing it’s a platform difference.

(Simon Hunter) #5

Hi @evangelskies

Yes that should have said Monzo where I typed starling as you pointed out. I corrected the post.

As @Liam_W pointed out you are getting confused about what’s being said. This is not a post about a button in the app. This is a post about the integration with Google Pay being missing an app link as the screenshots above show.

This is not the same as a button in the Monzo app to add your cars to Google Pay

Oh I noticed this a while back. It’s very minor but Monzo might as well conform :laughing:

(Simon Hunter) #7

Just adds to a nice rounded UX :slight_smile: