Money Dashboard

Mod Edit: This is now a general thread about Money Dashboard

I use money dashboard to manage my money in one place. This connects all my banks and credit cards. Can Monzo make it possible to add themselves to this system?

3 Likes

They seem to be aware of one another, but it’s taking a while to get one to see the other…

3 Likes

Is this still a problem with Money Dashboard?

2 Likes

Nope, you can just mark it as a transfer and then remove transfers from the “spend” category - it’s how I manage my monthly monzo transfer.

2 Likes

Would love to see this

1 Like

Hi All - Sean from the Money Dashboard team here. Some of you may have seen we launched our integration with Monzo’s API yesterday so it’s now available to connect across Android, iOS and Web. Would love to hear what you think!

8 Likes

Thanks! Great to see it added and supporting pots :tada:

1 Like

Hi @Sean_MacNicol - Does Money Dashboard support Wealthify?

Cheers

Hi @Sean_MacNicol. Thanks for all the work your team must have put into this (and the Starling integration)! It seems to be working fantastically well, for the main account and all my pots.

I do have one quibble, and I’m not sure if it’s for you or the Monzo team. I’m not seeing my joint account in Money Dashboard. I don’t know if it’s missing in the AISP API, or if you’re just not picking it up, but it’s not there.

Other than that, great work!

Hi, my transactions screen hasnt updated for a few days. The total of my account and pots is correct but the money in and out is not showing (I have reloaded a few times). Also a pot I deleted months ago in Monzo still shows on the dashboard.Thanks

Please see my post below, not working properly

My transactions aren’t updating either. Since the 6th of November.

1 Like

@TIgermad @Robertxc Thanks for letting us know - we’re taking a look to see what’s going on here. If you wouldn’t mind sending a quick note with your registered email address to support@moneydashboard.com that may help us investigate further.

@TIgermad - pots won’t be deleted from Money Dashboard unless you remove them from within our app, as we’re unable to remove them automatically at the moment. We’re looking at ways to improve that though!

1 Like

@TIgermad @Robertxc We identified and resolved a connection issue with Monzo so this should now be fixed. Our logs also indicate you should have new transaction data being returned when you log back in. Please give me a shout if you have any further issues! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. I have a tagging query too. None of my direct debits come into money dashboard with the correct company names. They only have the transaction ID number so I have to keep finding out what the company is and tag them manually every time by looking at the payment amount and use the Monzo app to cross reference. Am I doing something wrong?

You’re not doing anything wrong. It’s a limitation of MD’s connection with Monzo.

I requested a while back that MD should put both the Merchant and Reference into their Description field, but was told that wasn’t currently possible for some reason.

1 Like

As @hdwrng alludes to, unfortunately we don’t receive merchant information for direct debits through the Monzo API at the moment. We’d need one of the Monzo team to confirm whether it’s on the roadmap to make that data available for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies. Its strange this info isn’t allowed when it’s the main thing consumers need to know. I only use money d for the forecast planner so not a big deal but would be nice. Is that why the transactions don’t show in the planner as well. For past dates in the calendar it doesn’t show what’s actually come out. It used to match them up on my Lloyd’s account.

Moderator’s note: this post was merged from another thread to keep Money Dashboard conversation in one place

Does anyone use money dashboard? I have for a few months with Monzo but every transaction that’s a direct debit comes in untagged and I have to keep tagging it. It comes in with just a reference so no way of recognising it. I would assume money dashboard would know the payment and change it to the right tag and company. That’s what happens with my other accounts.

Yes, I do. I have noticed several odd things with bank imports (in relation to my Starling a/c) such as duplicate entries and previous tagged entries appearing as untagged later on. I have queried this with MDB support, who told me that the sending bank can sometimes change the format of the data fields in transmission. It got swiftly put right and has not happened since.

MDB support used to monitor the Starling Forum - not sure if they do similarly here. Maybe drop them a support request?

I assume you are checking the “Tag similar transactions” box when you come to tag the DD’s?

R-