Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

Set up Emma today, it’s definitely in it’s early stages and lots of transactional information needs to be thought through and implemented but overall it’s a great experience so far… love having everything in one place.

Please add MBNA credit cards and Starling soon Edo! @edo1493

1 Like

The queue is a game? What does this mean? Why isn’t the queue a queue?

1 Like

Uh oh… I think Emma has not realised how sacred queuing is in the UK… I’ll be in the shelter!

6 Likes

I’m not sure why people are still finding this “queueing” business surprising - Many apps/services have been doing it for years! The only difference here, is you can move up the queue by referring other people.

If you are happy to wait, you’ll still get in, but you might slide down the queue, as other people sign up and then invite 10 of their friends.

Regarding Emma’s suitability for everyone… Clearly it’s not going to save everyone £600.

It won’t save me a penny, as I have always kept on top of my spending and subscriptions - But I do like a good service which can put all of my spending in one place (across the 4/5 accounts which money comes out of).

Any app/service which boosts the development of other financial apps is a win for everyone.

4 Likes

So I signed up to Emma over a week ago and still sat at the same position in the queue :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Can anyone using Emma, or from the team, answer a question I have?

I gave up using Money Dashboard in part because when I transferred money between my own accounts the app wasn’t clever enough to realise I hadn’t actually spent the money, and so skewed my spending figures.

For example: If, over the course of a month I actually spent a total of £500, but also during that time I transferred £100 from, say, Nationwide to NatWest, the app would see that £100 debit and include it in my spending figures, telling me I’d ‘spent’ £600 over the month, which wasn’t actually the case. With multiple large transfers over the course of the month, sometimes the app would tell me I’d ‘spent’ more than I’d been paid.

All my accounts were linked into Money Dashboard so it should have been smart enough to realise I wasn’t spending my transferred money, but it wasn’t that intelligent. This mis-accounting has put me off using aggregators.

Is Emma (or indeed Yolt, which seems to be the other big player at the moment) clever enough to take personal transfers into account correctly?

1 Like

Emma has an “Internal” category which makes things dissappear for spending purposes

4 Likes

If both of accounts are connected to Emma i.e. one you’re going to send funds from and the other you’re going to receive Emma automatically recognise this and categorises as Internal. You can do this manually if only one account is on Emma.

1 Like

Thanks

Same here, I’m in the exact same position since I signed up. I’m quite disappointed that you don’t move forward even by a few places during a week. I hope it isn’t just about getting moved up due to referrals.

Just seen this on Twitter:

@emma_finance: We should be able to roll out more product and VIP tickets this week, so you can invite people in our closed beta. :muscle: Have a great Sunday and make sure to always update the app.

My credit card has most of Januarys transactions missing :thinking:

If anyone wants to message me an invite I would be grateful :+1:t2:

Though why focus on invites when you have over 3k in the queue :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I got accepted today, skipping 4,700 places!

Monzo was added like a dream, but it doesn’t seem to like my Child & Co. branded RBS bank account (I use the normal RBS web login). RBS England and Wales states I have selected the wrong bank even though it is based in London. I tried the Scottish RBS link and that states that I cannot access the account right now, please try again later. I know some RBS accounts have open banking waivers right now, so maybe that’s why.

I skipped 5130 places and got in today. I added Monzo no problem but just cant bring myself to add RBS (Scotland) using my customer number pin and password. Same goes for trying Yolt.

I got an invite from the open office but I realised it wouldn’t be terribly useful for me. An aggregator that can’t cover my main non-Monzo spending (American Express) really adds no value for me, unfortunately :confused:

Update - this is not the case, it wasn’t on the list I’d seen, but they do support it. That said, it requires giving your Amex credentials to a third-party company, which I didn’t feel comfortable with. You might.

1 Like

Emma aggregates Amex. As the only aggregator which currently includes both Monzo and Amex it is the most useful for me despite its early stages.

Personally find the colours a little garish though!

4 Likes

Ooh imma sign up then! I didn’t see Amex in their list. I must be losing it…

2 Likes

It was a recent update, so perhaps they haven’t updated the main text? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ah! Thanks!