Merchant logos only Twitter? Local too?

Aren’t Facebook profile pics the same size as Twitter profile pics?

1 Like

I meant vs websites.

1 Like

The consistent size of Twitter/Facebook images is definitely a plus, but i still think it’s best to get to the logo via the merchant’s website, even if it ultimately ends up being a Twitter/Facebook profile pic.

The Suggest a logo dialogue should by default request the merchant’s URL (but optionally allow Twitter/Facebook). From that page’s HTML extract the Twitter and Facebook profile meta tags along with any Schema.org data relating to logos, meta tags relating to favicons (including apple-touch-icons, android-chrome icons) and webmanifests.

From this selection of logos find a best fit. It may be that Twitter/Facebook logo is the best fit most of the time, or may be the webmanifest advertises a nice SVG (please allow SVG for logos, it’s 2018!).

I just think the canonical source of information about a merchant should be their own site rather than a third-party service.

5 Likes

I submitted a logo half an hour ago. It’s just changed but it’s showing the Snap Chat logo.

Is this an oopsy by someone and I should resubmit or is there some issue with logo assignment today and it’ll be sorted at some stage?

It’s IMC cinema (@ imccinemas)

If you have a minute, there would no harm in resubmitting. It may just be down to human error, nio issues I’m aware of right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why are logos only being changed and nothing else?

2 Likes

Conversely, my recent name/location submissions have been corrected but none of my logo suggestions made at the same time :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah same here Craig ahahah, i’ve suggested a logo 3x and hasn’t been changed.

1 Like

I suggested a lot of logo and merchant name updates last year and the UK ones were all done, but none of the foreign ones were updated. You wonder if COps just click on delete or ignore for some of these suggestions to keep their work queue down!

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel that’s happened and we definitely do not close tasks like that :disappointed: Our merchant data is a really important part of the product we offer and we appreciate all the feedback that is made. We work through it as quickly as possible but it is a very manual job sadly :sweat_smile: Sometimes, we just don’t have enough information to update a merchant and in those cases we do unfortunately have to close the task without making changes :sweat:

I have had some non UK ones changed

2 Likes

But what if the details come from Google as per the search and the logo comes from Twitter, why is it still not changed?

1 Like

It was a bit tounge in cheek, but I certainly feel I wasted a lot of my time correcting merchant names, addresses and finding correct logos. It may help if you also had a narrative box on the feedback form so you can provide supporting info, such as explaining recent company takeovers or local store naming conventions or how grammar affects names to back up why you suggest changing them to what you propose. There is also no feedback as to why any suggestions are not actioned, so users may assume inaction when that may not be the case.

2 Likes

IMG_1517IMG_1518

Multiple times sent always ignored, what is wrong with it? Again only thing has changed is the logo

4 Likes

Yeap I have a DD that is always ignored when I send merchant feedback for it. Feels like they ignore most and change a few to make it look like they are actively updating merchant data

3 months for Virgin and on the 4th it was fixed

1 Like

Too busy working on tags and not fixing the merchant data system :wink:

1 Like

#NoComment

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been wondering too…

For example for this transaction:

The formatting of the address for a ticket I bought at Norwich station was wrong, although the map pin was in the right place. I submitted the information manually initially, (Norwich Station Ticket Office, Station Approach, Norwich, NR1 EF or something similar) and the location was updated to 'Somewhere in Norwich Station Ticket Office, etc etc) and the map pin was lost.

I then tried resubmitting, choosing the Google suggestion of ‘Norwich’ (which corresponds to the station), and it now shows up as the above - listing ‘Somewhere in’ with still no map pin?

I understand that maybe this is a slightly more complicated one, as clearly the merchant isn’t ‘Norwich’ but is actually ‘Abellio Greater Anglia’ (although even this is wrong, as they’re now just ‘Greater Anglia’ but never mind…) so perhaps that’s why it’s more difficult to correct, but it seems strange that like in @anon72173902’s example where there is an actual location from Google being used, the address is still listed as “Somewhere in”.

And for updating logos, there have been a few where I’ve submitted the Facebook URL, if there hasn’t been a Twitter account (as has been suggested as an option previously) - none of these have been updated - is it because it’s more difficult to obtain the logo (I’ve even tried submitting the direct image address a few times) or because some COps aren’t aware that Facebook logos can be used, so just close the ticket? However I realise that the app want’s Twitter account handle, so I don’t necessarily expect them to update - as much as I’d like them to!

However, for some I’ve submitted a Twitter account, and the logo still hasn’t been updated, even though ones I’ve submitted around the same time have?

As an example, I’ve submitted one for Mooboo - who don’t have a logo on the Monzo app, but do have a Twitter account (twitter.com/mooboo_uk), but the logo hasn’t updated.

Interestingly, when visiting this page: https://mondo-logo-cache.appspot.com/twitter/@mooboo_uk the correct logo is shown though (although I admit, I don’t know if that necessarily means anything other than a logo’s been submitted for that Twitter account - I just copied the link posted further up this thread and changed the Twitter username to the one I’ve submitted)

Basically, I think there is just still room for improvement in Merchant Feedback, which clearly Monzo is aware of, and probably have other things to prioritise, but since I agree that:

it would be nice to have it right, and hopefully the way that feedback is submitted and dealt with can be improved soon! :slight_smile:

(that was longer than I expected it to be…)

4 Likes

Submitted a request for improved name/ logo literally only a few hours ago and it has been changed (logo is still cropped off though). Surprised at how fast it is for transfers since location transactions never seem to get updated as quickly.

I feel like staff have discussed this before about where transactions are marked and how manual the process is, but is it markedly easier to resolve an online transaction vs a physical shop? Eg Facebook/ site details are easier to locate vs a Google map pin and Twitter logo?

1 Like