Merchant Data Corrections

Case in point, all of these showed up correctly this morning and are now just these ugly placeholders, whereas Sainsbury’s from Saturday is showing up correctly.

Bit of a mess really.

Ouch that doesn’t look nice at all. I’m sorry I can’t do anything anymore.

5 Likes

So, from using the app in ropey signal areas, I feel confident in saying that the ones with initials in the placeholders actually have logos assigned, they’re just failing to load either due to ropey signal or due to a fault on Monzo’s end. You shouldn’t need to resubmit those. I recommend force quitting the app and then opening up again on a decent signal to see if they’ll load in properly.

The actual placeholder images are the ones with just the category icon (the one at the very bottom that looks like www.rmg.co.uk has the entertainment category icon). That one doesn’t have a logo.

13 Likes

Sounds like the manual changes are being overwritten by some automated system. Would explain the flickering back and forth.

Interesting and I suspect that you are right. I did successfully load the logos when on another network.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

This roadchef one has been broken for ages (as in before March '18), and I’ve raised it multiple times, here and in-app, yet it is still broken.

It should be locked with:
Name: Roadchef
Logo: @roadchef

1 Like

I get that too. From my transaction it has the store location twice in the transaction id, which is probably confusing things.

Something else that would be nice to get changed is this it’s a chicken place I go to every now and then but the merchant icon is a card when it should be a chicken. image

Update: Also should be Pepe’s Piri Piri bit petty but I’ve sent that through so hopefully it will be updated.

Those icons are all set manually in the backend so it’ll be unlikely done for small business etc

It’s a chain therefore I would hope it’s done they’ve been going for a while now.

I’ve done quite a bit of remote work in the past and offered my help to Monzo with this issue, however as the processes is behind their VPNs and connected to their main infrastructure, they cannot outsource the process currently, which is unfortunate :slightly_frowning_face:.

@simonb cleared a few things up about the current delays which I’m grateful for!

The system in which merchant enrichments are done is held behind our security logins and VPN etc, the same place as support chats and customer data.

The delay will last for a few weeks at most. Whilst we were understaffed in our COps team, we employed a group of temps to work on merchant tasks. As we are now back at capacity (and potentially even over capacity for a few months) these tasks will be delegated out to new COps as part of their regular roles.

We’d love to build a system where the community could help out with correct merchant data but it’d need a complete re-write of the system.

I do know Monzo COps are probably working hard right now to get the enrichment back up to scratch, however I really do think that the processes behind enrichment need looking at, even if it means just one dev taking the project on for a few months. Not only would this benefit us as Monzo users, but it also frees up a portion of COps time which can be better used for customer service.

8 Likes

I’m 100% with you there needs to be someone working on improving it. It probably wouldn’t take that long as you say a month or so for 1 dev

3 Likes

All transactions done via the Wetherspoons app have lost their logo now. :frowning:

3 Likes

I have a couple from last week which haven’t updated yet - as well as an unenriched Lidl from Sunday. :scream::pensive:

1 Like

Lidl seems to be a repeating problem with that :thinking:

2 Likes

I used a Curve card for that transaction, which can’t have helped :frowning:

1 Like

@kieranmch has been working on some improvements in his spare time :+1:

https://twitter.com/MakingMonzo/status/1070699235862028289?s=19

8 Likes

Have we had any acknowledgement that Monzo have given up on this?

Should we resubmit changes?

1 Like

All transactions for the Northern Rail app seem to have changed to All Day Vending overnight