Lost my 'kerching' sound

(Tony Hoyle) #21

It does it on my pixel 2, so not a oneplus thing. Haven’t heard the noise in ages.

(Leon) #22

One Plus 3 user here and yep it’s happening again. :man_facepalming:

(keithy) #23

Huawei Mate 10 here.

Kerching has worked fine until about 2 app (beta) releases ago

reinstall does not fix

Interestingly, just before it stopped working I got the ‘deposited money’ sound when I spent something instead of the usual kerching!!

(Gareth) #24

Mine has also gone. I’m on a Galaxy S9 Plus.

I’m running the latest beta (2.26.1). I have just updated my phone to the Android Pie beta so thought this may have been the cause but looks like it wasn’t

(keithy) #25

Just tried deleting all cache and storage for Monzo app. Then completely removed Monzo. Rebooted phone and installed latest v2.27.0

Still no kerching :frowning:

Is this being looked at?

Thanks

(David Walton) #26

Mine has disappeared too - the previous android beta app was when things started to be ‘silent’ for me. Now on the current beta app and it’s still all Depeche Mode.

(keithy) #27

Weird, mine has just randomly started working!

No reboots, no updates just last transaction kerchinged :laughing:

Me too. Very strange!

(keithy) #29

Someone’s messing with us :yum:

(Jason Winstanley) #30

Mine works, but it’s a different sound than it was before. There’s a kerching, with a sort of… beep in the background. I prefer the old kerching. :frowning:

(David Walton) #31

MIne’s back too. Can’t remember if it is the same sound or different though.

(Chris Rimell) #32

Mine is definitely back today.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #33

@Termy @davidwalton

Just FYI, there’s 2 distinct sounds within the monzo app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One is a “kerching”, this happens when spending / sending money :moneybag: and the other is a bit higher pitched, with a ping/beep at the start - that’s the noise which occurs when receiving bank transfers (and maybe on some other occasions) :blush:

(Jason Winstanley) #34

@nexusmaniac Huh! I have no idea how I didn’t realise that. How peculiar. Thank you for the explanation. :slight_smile: