Lost my 'kerching' sound

Huawei Mate 10 here.

Kerching has worked fine until about 2 app (beta) releases ago

reinstall does not fix

Interestingly, just before it stopped working I got the ‘deposited money’ sound when I spent something instead of the usual kerching!!

Mine has also gone. I’m on a Galaxy S9 Plus.

I’m running the latest beta (2.26.1). I have just updated my phone to the Android Pie beta so thought this may have been the cause but looks like it wasn’t

Just tried deleting all cache and storage for Monzo app. Then completely removed Monzo. Rebooted phone and installed latest v2.27.0

Still no kerching :frowning:

Is this being looked at?

Thanks

Mine has disappeared too - the previous android beta app was when things started to be ‘silent’ for me. Now on the current beta app and it’s still all Depeche Mode.

Weird, mine has just randomly started working!

No reboots, no updates just last transaction kerchinged :laughing:

Me too. Very strange!

Someone’s messing with us :yum:

Mine works, but it’s a different sound than it was before. There’s a kerching, with a sort of… beep in the background. I prefer the old kerching. :frowning:

MIne’s back too. Can’t remember if it is the same sound or different though.

Mine is definitely back today.

@Termy @davidwalton

Just FYI, there’s 2 distinct sounds within the monzo app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One is a “kerching”, this happens when spending / sending money :moneybag: and the other is a bit higher pitched, with a ping/beep at the start - that’s the noise which occurs when receiving bank transfers (and maybe on some other occasions) :blush:

@nexusmaniac Huh! I have no idea how I didn’t realise that. How peculiar. Thank you for the explanation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HughWells

I’m having this problem again. The app provided noises have gone and all I’m getting is my default notification

I had another look at how the notification is setup on the app, and it says default notification sound

Screenshot%20(2%20Mar%202019%2011_44_51) Screenshot%20(2%20Mar%202019%2011_54_10)

And if you look at the screenshots from someone else back in Jun 18 in the below topic, it is clearly showing an app provided sound (that option is not available in my list to select)

https://community.monzo.com/t/how-to-change-monzo-sounds-android-8-only/40199/6?u=chris_r

What phone do you have?

Fairphone 2, running lineageos 15.1 (android 8)

Ah right, that might be the issue then :confused:

We used to see this on some less standard versions of Android - mostly OnePlus devices :frowning:

It’s sometimes fixed by a reset to factory default, but not always, and it doesn’t affect everyone so unfortunately it’s hard to pin down :no_mouth:

I have just done a clear data/cache and it’s reset to app provided sound. It sounds like there might be an occasional issue where it can’t find the files/access them and therefore is overwritten by the default notification. Looking on the web, it seems it happens to a range of apps on a range of devices.

One solution I saw somewhere suggested that it might be a problem when the sounds aren’t added into the ringtone manager. If they were installed as ringtone/notification sounds, then at least we could select them back off the list if/when they disappear?

I’m really missing the original Monzo sounds…

Unfortunately the mp4 posted earlier in the thread are now gone… I’ll see if I can find a copy otherwise someone might have to rip one from an old apk again.

Edit found it… I remember I converted to mp3 because the pixel 2 couldn’t play the mp4. monzo.mp3

Thanks very much for the file - I have just changed phones and the kerching had disappeared. I have uploaded the file into my notification sounds and now all is as before!