Longest you've waited for a cheque to show?

Hi all.

I sent a cheque on Saturday to Monzo. It’s only the second one I’ve ever sent, but I remember the last one showing quite quickly in my account.

We’re now on the afternoon of the fourth working day. I know they say five days, but I’m a bit anxious that something has gone wrong this time. I’m sure it hasn’t, but put my mind at rest. How long have people waited for the first sign that Monzo has received their cheque?

Took mine almost 2 weeks to be credited to my account and almost a week to be informed that monzo has received

1 Like

I sent a cheque to ‘Freepost Monzo’ on Friday 21st of June, had a feed item of ‘We got your cheque!’ on Tuesday 25th and another entry on Tuesday 2nd of July to show the cheque clearing.

I’d say wait until around this time next week before getting worried - Royal Mail has an ‘aim’ (so lots of asterisks there) to delivery ‘Freepost name’ items within 2 working days (see ttps://www.royalmail.com/business/system/files/Response-Services-User%20Guide-March-2017.pdf ) - so that’s covers until yesterday. Monzo may not have got the delivery bag late so they may have only opened it up today and started sorting it - and then they’ve got to record each cheque, lookup customer details, and get them ready for deposit… I would expect something to show up tomorrow though for you if everything went reasonably fast.

1 Like

Posting on Saturday always takes longer as often they aren’t collected until the Monday, so monzo wouldn’t get it until at least Tuesday

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I suppose I had miscalculated thinking of Monday as the first working day when that would actually be the collection day. Less concerned now!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.