Locked out of my account

Can’t log into my email so try changing my email and monzo take ages to get back to you
So I need to change my email, I’ve sent that them and my email yet it takes forever t

Have you tried changing your password for your current email or logging in via your number?

Basically I don’t have access to my old email address so can’t get into old email so have to changed to another email, I’ve still got the same number currently but they isn’t a way you can log in using your phone, it has to be though email and monzo support take days to get back to you for a 5 mins job so stupid, I can’t do anything till I’m back in my account, I’ve try everything I’m logged out until monzo reply, you can’t even ring monzo up

You can ring them, the number is on the back of your card

When you do get through, be prepared to go through some identification steps, just as you did when opening the account, before they will change your email address.

It is possible as I know someone who was in same position as you last year and whose password recovery method for their email didn’t work with Outlook.

Monzo were quite quick on that occasion, via email. About 24 hours.

Remember this is your doing, nobody elses. You’ve somehow not only locked yourself out of your primary email account but also your secondary one too.

Email support has always been slow because they focus all their resource on in app chat. Be patient and use this time to reflect on how you can avoid getting into this situation again. Perhaps a password manager would help?

6 Likes

Which part of them locking themselves out of their email account is untrue?

When I state they unfortunately need to be patient and a password manager would help stop this from happening again, how is that “unhelpful”?

Try not to read tone in messages, it never ends well and you’ll misconstrued things.

4 Likes

The fact that Jaidean420 has locked themselves out of their primary email and don’t have a secondary email for recovering the primary email, meaning they’ve had to create a brand new email account is not something Monzo have any control over.

1 Like

Nobody is saying that Monzos way of handling this is perfect either, you’re reading things that just aren’t there. Nobody is showing any malice either, so again I’m not sure why you feel anyone is being attacked here?

I was simply pointing out that OP needs to remember how this situation has come about and how to avoid it happening again. So calling things “stupid” and taking their frustrations out on those who are trying to help isn’t a the best approach no matter how annoying it may be.

4 Likes

Ok. To avoid any doubt there was no inference just advice to stay calm, be patient and how to avoid it happening again :slight_smile:

It’s clear the op is frustrated and possible scared and none of you are being in anyway helpful.

@Jaidean420 it is unfortunate but no one here can help you as we’re all customers.

Your best bet is to phone Monzo, see what they say and try to calmly follow their guidance no matter how slow frustrating it may seem

I’m sorry but there is nothing else you can do.

1 Like

I’ve sorted it now, thank you

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.