Lithuanian Emoji on topping up Binance account

As a cryptocurrency lover, I recently topped up my Binance account with my virtual Monzo card and noticed Lithuanian flag in Monzo notification (same flag in last 3 top ups) :grin:
I am Lithuanian native, but based in the UK :uk:

How did it happen for Monzo to show Lithuanian flag? :lithuania::roll_eyes:

Have you at any point told the Monzo app about Lithuania? Tax residency for example?

1 Like

Things like this happen for me if it thinks the place Iโ€™ve shopped at is in another country, and they donโ€™t have a more appropriate emoji. Itโ€™s more common when youโ€™re spending in the currency native to that country.

I bought candleโ€™s from my friendโ€™s new candle business in the US that she started as a creative escape from her engineering job, and I got the US Flag for that notification. I imagine if Monzo knew it was a candle business, theyโ€™d have used :candle: instead.

2 Likes

My tax residency, etc all UK :uk:
And the transaction was in GBP to UK based bank account :pound:

Only my ID (because of nationality) is Lithuanian :lithuania:

I wouldnโ€™t have thought your ID would influence things like this, so itโ€™s a weird one. Canโ€™t find any links between Binance and Lithuania either.

Iโ€™d love to learn more about how emojis are selected for the notifications. Some are good and make sense, but some can be so wildly off at times.

2 Likes

Maybe they know your weird obsession with them so you get extra sprinkled in.

2 Likes

I :raising_hand_woman: donโ€™t :no_good_woman: know :brain: what :question: you are :point_right: talking :lips: about :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Funny you call it like that :sweat_smile:

When last time you looked at Monzo T&Cs documents? :eyes::bookmark_tabs:
They are also full on emojies :blush::ok_hand::books:

You almost rescued the epic emoji fail there without noticeโ€ฆ until โ€˜takingโ€™โ€ฆ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

That :point_down: is exactly :ok_hand: what :woman_shrugging: I was talking :lips::deaf_woman: about a month or so :full_moon: ago. Since the last :mantelpiece_clock: iOS update :iphone::arrows_counterclockwise:, the swipe to type keyboard :keyboard: has been unreliable :unamused:

Itโ€™s been working great :+1: until then :spiral_calendar:

4 Likes

I use Android smartphone :calling:, sweetheart :sparkling_heart:, so nothing do with me :sweat_smile:

Did you put your Lithuanian tax residency of address when opening the account with them a while ago, maybe binace have you as Lithuanian for some reason and processed the payment through their Lithuanian bank.

1 Like

Nope.
All my details, apart ID, are UK related as I live in the UK :uk::blush:

Payment was made to UK based bank account too

1 Like

:revolving_hearts:

I was talking :lips: about the issue :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: of some of my words being autocorrected so my sentences make no sense anymore :exploding_head: when I mentioned iOS updates :iphone::arrows_counterclockwise:

1 Like

- in respect of transactions available (Bank Card, GBP deposit/withdraw), BINANCE UAB (registration number: 305595206) and having its registered office at DidzฬŒioji g. 18, Vilnius, Lithuania

2 Likes

A bit weird, because Lithuanian currently is Euro and nothing to do with GBP :thinking:

Apply some logic to what youโ€™ve just seen ๐Ÿคฆ :joy:

For payment purposes the transaction is taken by Binance in Lithuania. I get what you mean that itโ€™s GBP thatโ€™s been paid for. Iโ€™m guessing the symbol is generated based on where the payment orientated from regardless of the currency.

I seem to recall seeing that flag for my purchase today. Which matches up with the country of origin for the payment

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.