Legacy Monzo Plus Issues

So, just to be clear, is it only those who took out the supporter bundle being refunded? Or all monzo plus customers?

Just a bit confused is all.

For those who have monzo plus bundles that aren’t being stopped, can we cancel them even if them have Time running on them still?

Absolutely agree with this 1000% - the fact this went from concept, to launch, to relaunch of V2, to being pulled and starting again on V3 in a matter of what… 6 months? That is insane - and I hope they learn that MVP shouldn’t be done on a financial product that I have to shell out cash for.

When I asked for Swag I was told by Sheri there’d be another ‘batch’ being sent out soon once more requests came in, and - so clearly missed that one.

And the events - If I recall there were two Plus events - and one of them was focused primarily on the Plus 2.0 that they launched, and cancelled, a few days either side of the event!

1 Like

So, despite the fact that there were feature sets promised in the Monzo Plus marketing material, because they were not explicitly listed in the Terms and Conditions, that is considered as “delivered”?

Perhaps shame on me for not being as critical with the Ts and Cs as I should have been, but that doesn’t feel reasonable.

7 Likes

Yep, everyone with a Monzo Plus package will get an email early next week.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, sadly it is on slightly less positive terms than I’d like , but I’m sure it won’t be my last as this seems like a vibrant, engaged and proactive community.

Anyway here’s the issue and I’m sure there’ll be little new in it but worth saying as I am frustrated as to what’s going on here with Monzo Plus… Like many it seems I signed up for Monzo Plus in good faith and the hope my positive experience with Monzo in general would translate to this new, rewarding, product. To this very day I have paid my subscription, which was at the early bird rate. I have been checking in semi regularly on the Monzo Plus area of the app looking for updates to they list of benefits already there. Nothing happening. Incidentally I don’t recall ever being offered the insurance that other people have mentioned, but maybe that was presented to me at enrolment and I declined then.

Nevertheless the situation is that I have had to come here and wade through hundreds of forum posts to establish what is going on on, watching the debacle unfold almost thread by thread.

In short if I hadn’t visited this community I’d be completely none the wiser, while money is still drawn monthly. I think that it’s dreadful that a tech bank rightly famed and lauded for its proactive communication and transparency could not email paying subscribers even once to inform them what was going on here.

I even read posts about mysterious swag, something I never knew was on offer, (the swag in itself isn’t particularly important to me but principle is ) with posts saying “anyone who asks about it or posts here will get some”. Keep in mind this is against a backdrop of other /most(?) people not having any information about progress or mothballing of the product in general.

The lack of consistency in comms appears extremely worrying. I work in tech, I understand the need to “test” and how it can be done very well with production features. I also signed up knowing the product did not have a finalised roadmap because I support Monzo, I want it to succeed and this was a small way to put faith in that. So I’m not of the school of thought that expects this product to save them a fortune or yield a metal card or a t-shirt.

Where I do take exception and concern is that lack of information. For me it’s a building block of Monzo. Part of its success, its charm and probably the reason this community is buzzing with opinion. I thought they were an exemplar of top of class communications.

Please reach out to all of your customers who have Monzo Plus and outline their options, what they are entitled up and so on and make it real easy for them to choose their next option, at no cost to them. It’s a failed experiment for now, we all live and learn but don’t switch people off the bank in the process because poor communications can be got readily elsewhere.

Sorry for the overall mood of the post but I’m a supporter who hasn’t had the time necessarily to be engaged here so I’m giving my honest experience. I look forward to following more closely in future.

19 Likes

Oh no

2 Likes

How can I tell from the App what version of Monzo Plus I am on?

I am very confused.

James

You can’t easily see it (at all perhaps?) so I’d wait for this email.

@tomdavies - I think you need to directly address why some Early Birds like myself managed to get a refund (albeit at a time before you decided the right thing to do was let people cancel) and you’re not letting others. Unless people have been rolling £4K into their accounts for the interest, Plus customers haven’t received jack for their fee. Crap cards, no swag and ok, the URL for Monzo.me which I’ve never used (that’s on me) but let’s not forget you were giving that away for free in the days before Plus. And let’s not go there with the whole promise of adding stuff on after which you never bothered with and whether you want to admit or not was a reason people signed up for Plus.

I think Monzo aren’t quite twigging this gesture would restore a lot of faith. I mean c’mon guys, you’ve got some seriously pissed off people here and they’re literally giving you the answer to restoring faith in you and likely giving you more money in future if/when Plus finally is a thing.

Edit: I know you just inherited this mess Tom but since you’re the face of Plus now, that’s why I said you need to address this inconsistency.

17 Likes

I’ve asked 3 or 4 times now, along with Monzos opinion as to if we should wait for V3 or cancel and re-join later. What those implications would be.

My posts have had high engagement from other members but somehow they’re not getting replied to yet subsequent ones are :cry:

5 Likes

And me. I feel bad in a way as I received one and believe everyone else should too.

9 Likes

it’s a multi level problem. I find it staggering some people are discussing entitlement to refunds (justifiably) when others who are still paying are completely in the dark that Plus is actually finished in its current form.

Some of them may now even read about it online from other sources as they continue to pay. Feels like there are fires burning everywhere.

2 Likes

All this. I’m also an Early Bird V1 £3 member and want to cancel and get a full refund as I wasn’t able to add anything I wanted in the end. This whole thing has seriously tainted my opinion of Monzo. They keep tripping up every time they ‘admit’ they were wrong.

They need to do a real, full restart of Plus and apology, giving anyone who’s ever signed up to Plus the ability to cancel for a full refund, no 'if’s or 'but’s. Then they need to come at this is a much, much better way.

Edit: Also, forgot to say, it’s really sad to see them skirting around questions like yours and doesn’t feel like the Monzo I first knew.

6 Likes

I genuinely suspect they’re concerned with liability issues on the refund front.

From the very clear “we’ve delivered everything in the terms and conditions” messages you get with the support team, and the very limited responses on the refund front in the Forum. Sticking very clearly to “Only the [new] supporter bundle, where we cannot deliver everything in the Ts and Cs”.

Based on how things were advertised in the product offering, I wonder if they fear complaints of mis-selling.

1 Like

I’ve been on to cancel but wasn’t successful with the refund. They said the process they’re following now is no refunds apart from the supporter bundle!!

It’s disgraceful. Claiming that early birds got everything promised is disingenuous at best.

14 Likes

For what it’s worth, my request for a refund is still ongoing - I was in the ‘chat’ process for about 2 days, and now it’s been escalated as a formal complaint to the Advocacy team.

We’ll see what comes back in (up to) 15 working days

Good luck :+1:

If early birds got everything that was promised presumably we can now bolt on additional insurance products onto the core package? And the swag is on its way? No?

Think again about your refund policy before you end up with a ton of complaints with the FOS for misselling

Your policy should be to refund EVERYONE who has signed up to initial monzo plus packages. Automatically without having to ask. It’s not difficult!

9 Likes