Legacy Monzo Plus Issues

I think that is what it hinges on

I did have the £3 early bird till yesterday and while it did not pan out I don’t feel I was miss-sold and didn’t expect or get a refund - I just cancelled and move on with other things

Yeah it wasn’t spectacular, but we were explicitly warned on here not to sign up simply to catch the lower price in the expectation of more to come

So while it was not great it was me buying something not great rather than buying a car and being given a bicycle

Now the full launch at £6…

3 Likes

If I was Monzo, I would be equally concerned about breaching the spirit of the FCA’s Treating Customers Fairly rules which go beyond just the T&C’s

1 Like

Just had a read - interesting points…

• Outcome 3: Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
  • Outcome 5: Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
  • Outcome 6: Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
5 Likes

To counter that point though - I felt like the warning on here was more specifically around ‘don’t sign up hoping for a [specific component]’, not ‘we might can the project all together’.

The Monzo marketing material for Plus - i.e. their product page - didn’t have any of the same suggestions, and did have phrasing like “hurry to catch this price”, plus other phrasing of what the product would do, which never came to life.

So I can understand the noise.

2 Likes

How would ‘refunds for all’ work for the insurance packages?

People have paid for insurance and have been insured. In that case, the money has been spent and the benefit taken. I don’t see how a refund is possible.

I very much doubt the insurance company is going to repay the premiums.

2 Likes

I think the fairest bit would be the refund of the ‘core’ aspect of Monzo + for everyone.

3 Likes

Agree, and for this the service provision cannot be doubted as Monzo didn’t do it. I’ve got another Monzo complaint at the moment so I cant deal with plus now but out of my 10 per month I would not expect a return of the 4 I paid as premium for Axa services

I don’t think it was clear at all. In one post someone would say, “sign up for what is on offer today”, whilst another post would advertise all the great benefits “coming soon” and another stated that the early bird pricing could finish at any time.

It was clear that Monzo were reeling customers in with the promise of what was on the roadmap :soon:

6 Likes

@tomdavies Can I please ask why my question seems to have been ignored above? As another member has said, you’ve replied to subsequent replies but not mine or others.

I have asked a genuine question as I feel confused, and feel that I did not get exactly what I signed up for and wasn’t able to add additional features later, as promised on the product page. So therefore I feel I should be applicable to a refund for the £3 per month early bird offer. It’s clearly not just me feeling this way, as 8 other people who have liked my original post clearly agree with me. I’d appreciate your reply and what I should do, thank you.

Just to add, I’ve been very supportive of Monzo and I still sing praises however I do feel that I have been let down on this occasion. A goodwill gesture of a full refund would remove the sour taste and should Plus improve I may consider re-joining in the future.

1 Like

Got to say, it does sound like a lot of overreacting here. Especially if you got early bird price, you had the opportunity to be making more than the cost of the fee, so I’m not sure you’ve really been hard done by, especially as you were told to not sign up for what might come etc.

1 Like

I thought it was very clear?

Have you got a link to this please?

1 Like

I will try and find it, I’m on mobile so bare with me

I remember a post from Monzo also saying this. Which is why I didn’t push for a refund.

1 Like

I can’t speak for everyone, but I’ve been referring to the base package when discussing refunds, so for those who had insurance add ons I guess it would be a partial refund.

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts September

Not the one I’m thinking of but came across this in the process of trying to find what I’m looking for:

That’s fine. As it states, don’t sign up for a particular feature.

I didn’t receive any features. Just interest a few months in :slight_smile: which wasn’t mentioned at all in the initial offering.

Plus it mentions waiting until it has fully launched.

It fully launched twice and early birds were never allowed to have any features until bundles were announced. Now we can’t have those either.

1 Like

If in that thread someone would have said “once you’ve signed up you won’t be able to add any extras later” or “it’s possible we’ll cancel the original package in 3 months time”, I probably wouldn’t have signed up.

I think the posts around that point we’re discussing the options on the road map, not the two points above

5 Likes

I signed up to the core package at £3 a month as a gamble for what might come and the interest. At that time I knew the interest would cover the fee. When the new bundles were announced I cancelled. I think it was pretty clear that nothing was guaranteed hence why it was a gamble.