Contemplating cancelling my Monzo Premium

Thinking about cancelling my Monzo Premium.

Is there any plans to revamp the offers list or benefits?

The only change I’ve seen to the offers is companies being removed.

2 Likes

If they had plans they would have said.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts August 2022

Someone here might have read an article or seen a post related to premium.

Hope the rest of your day is better :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if i replied directly to your comment. Wanted to be sure you was it :slightly_smiling_face:.

But you were really quick to respond which is good.

1 Like

You seem to be in a mood.

If you dont know please just ignore my post

1 Like

If it doesn’t work for you, just cancel. Monzo will get the message if enough people do that.

3 Likes

True… As a crowd funding investor I’ve always just seen it as continued support.

But with the cost of living on the rise I’m considering my expenses.

3 Likes

Sadly, just another thing Revolut is proving is possible, with Monzo lacking and failing to live up to expectation.

But you’re right. With the cost of living skyrocketing, nobody needs a subscription to a pot plant service.

3 Likes

@Revels seems we’re in agreement :joy::joy::joy:

Monzo Plus/Premium: Offers - #9 by Revels?

2 Likes

If it doesn’t offer you value, cancel it. You can always restart it later if they alter the offering.

3 Likes

The offers have never been good and certainly not enough of a bonus to pay £15 a month for them.

Most are available elsewhere and I think you get the same ones for Plus anyway. I don’t think there’s any Premium exclusives.

5 Likes

Just my opinion, but this is absolutely the worst reason to pay for Premium.

14 Likes

Lol worse than getting it just for the metal card?

5 Likes

Well if the card was what you saw as Value, then I guess it makes it worth it, for them.

Back on topic, nothing has changed for some time now with either plus or premium. So I’d take it as that’s what they are and if at some point they change that then great.

Compared to other packaged accounts, excluding Nationwide, premium is about comparable to other banks so I don’t see any real reason for Monzo to do otherwise tbh.

This being said, If they made the mobile insurance family wide then sign me up

5 Likes

I too think the offers are lacking, in all honestly I have been paying £15 for essentially nothing except virtual cards which I’ve stopping using, credit interest doesn’t make much of an impact.

I’m debating cancelling myself, I’ve mentioned before I think if cash back was earned from paying certain bills there’s be more paid plan subscription and more bang for buck.

Hopefully there’ll be some changes soon. :eyes::question:

8 Likes

Genuine question was the card the reason you didn’t just get plus or for the insurance?

If this is for me (hopefully I haven’t inserted myself) I just got for the insurance mainly as my phone provider offer it for £9 and for the other feature within premium I thought for an extra £6 virtual cards credit score tracker, interest thought why not.

EDIT: And of course the metal card too

EDIT 2: I did have Plus originally

4 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

I’m clinging onto plus in the hope the benefits improve!