Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts šŸ¤

ā€œWeeksā€ is what theyā€™ve said, Iā€™m guessing 4-6. Iā€™m waiting for the same thing before switching.

My partner and I are having issues setting up the joint account. We have both received our cards and activated them.
The joint account isnā€™t showing up in either of our apps, weā€™ve logged out, deleted and reinstalled the app but still canā€™t see anything regarding the joint account.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Exactly the same for me and my partner. Did all the same as you but nothing. Iā€™ve asked support now

Curious why you force people to wait till their joint account card has arrived before making it useable? I have no intention of using the card and just want access to the account details for payments in and out (salary / debits).

1 Like

My wifeā€™s joint card arrived today, but mine didnā€™t! God damn it!

1 Like

That is gutting!!

1 Like

Also made the rookie mistake of putting my wifeā€™s cards side by sideā€¦ and then having no idea which was the joint and personal! haha.

Same expiry, same card number aside from 4 numbers - Canā€™t wait for the updated cards to arrive!

Also canā€™t transfer any money to the account until BOTH cards have been activated.

Thatā€™s a little annoying, but appreciate it only really affect the first 2/3 days.

Forgot to mention, I was able to clear it by tapping anywhere on screen.

Some people have been using sharpies to mark the difference until the new cards arrive. Personally I have no plans to use my personal card so I donā€™t have it in my wallet although itā€™s on Apple Pay just incase

I wasnā€™t :thinking: maybe thatā€™s because Iā€™m on an iPhone X &/or with the beta iOS.

You need a proper phone like the 8.

2 Likes

I can clear it on iOS 12 by tapping anywhere on the screen but Iā€™m on iPhone 7 so could be an X thing

1 Like

Itā€™s not a joint account thing, this has been true of all Monzo accounts since day 1. If you saw this weeks staff Q&A thread, youā€™ll know itā€™s something theyā€™re looking at changing in the future.

5 Likes

Feedback from me and partner:

Not clear how to activate joint card. Boyfriend searched ā€œactivate cardā€ in Help and ended up trying to do something to his sole account. I got through by selecting Create Joint Account which isnā€™t logical as weā€™d already created it.

Not easy/obvious to toggle between accounts.

Help for joint accounts needs updating:

I disagree with needing a PIN to move money between my own accounts.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not quite sure how joint accounts work with other banks, do you not need a PIN or a confirmation/ OTP to move money across? I think this might be in place because not everyone has Touch ID lock on the Monzo app and it technically does involve moving money between accounts. Maybe a toggle?

2 Likes

Regardless of which account I move it to, Iā€™m still able to access the money. If I was moving it to an account that I couldnā€™t access, then yes, absolutely would need a PIN/Touch ID to confirm. However if I mistakenly move money from my sole to joint account, I can simply move it back. Happy with a toggle to switch the PIN requirement off, just not sure you would need it at all.

So just to confirm, we canā€™t move money into the joint account until the card arrives? Was thinking of using the weekend to move all the DDs across but not got the card yet.

1 Like

If that is a question, then yes.

Until you activate your card, you canā€™t move money into the joint account (I tried this morning).

Hence the question mark lol - thanks

Haha - I wasnā€™t sure if youā€™d tried already, and was looking for confirmation.

Also worth noting that BOTH cards need to be activated.

1 Like