Labs Feedback: Joint Accounts 🤝

A little proposal to make transfers between personal <–> joint account more distinguishable in the joint account feed. Maybe a separate logo :left_right_arrow: or at the very least, it doesn’t make much sense to have the corresponding transaction logo as my initial with my tiny avatar on top of it. Could just make the logo entirely my avatar? Screenshot_20180714-185216

6 Likes

Another suggestion (sorry). From the joint account, I know I can make a transfer from there to my partner’s personal account quite easily, but I’d sort of like to see that option baked in to the “Move money -> Withdraw” option - maybe some sort of toggle to choose which of our accounts to withdraw money to :+1:

3 Likes

My personal card is pretty faded so for me it’s quite obvious which card is which :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

We have both activated our cards however nowhere in the app does it show the joint account or account details?

My partner has an interest free student overdraft with her existing bank, so we cannot open a joint account until Monzo does something similar or introduces an fee-free overdraft facility or until she has paid off the overdraft. Gutted to say we won’t be trying the joint account until then!

You can have more than one account? She can keep her student bank account open and separate. This is what my GF and I plan to do when we go to Uni. Have a student account each with a legacy bank, getting all the benefits, while having Monzo accounts each and a joint one as well for combined expenses

5 Likes

It should be on the account switched and also when you switch to the joint account go to account and then your profile at the top

All it shows it my Current Account on my profile with the option to open a joint account?

So you’ve both opened individual accounts and gone through the joint account opening process and activated these cards?

Yeah, so we both already had a sole account with Monzo and then we signed up for a joint account when it was made available via Monzo Labs on Thursday. Our cards came yesterday which we both activated but there is no option or reference at all in the app to say we have a joint account.

Have you spoke to customer service in the app about this.

Have you tried holding down on the Home tab? This opens the switcher to give you access to your joint account.

1 Like

That has worked, lol - I thought when I went to account i would be able to just swipe across to it :thinking:

1 Like

I think you’re having the same problem I had. Have you tried holding down the “Home” button or any of the other buttons? Should enable you to switch between them.

1 Like

Ah sorry bad explanation I thought you’d found the account switcher already :flushed:

Improved account switching should hopefully be out in the next release :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

All I need to do now is decided how to transfer across 20 direct debits or if we should wait for the account switching service to be supported for joint accounts :grinning:

I noticed you can actually hold down on any of the bottom tabs to switch between accounts.

A quick bug report with the latest testflight release. I will confess I have read none of the above posts so apologies if it’s already been reported.

• The haptic feedback doesn’t work when the status bar is showing activity. (Sleep cycle, phone call, sat nav)

Versions
iOS 12
iPhone 6S Plus
Monzo 2.6.0 (#433)

Tap to activate on my Android OnePlus 5 didn’t work for me. I ended up activating manually which is a same I was looking forward to testing that feature.

Other than that, we are all setup complete with doodlings on our cards. Don’t anticipate we will be using the account much until we can part switch our existing account (don’t want to Fully close it because of the benefits we receive, but I want to switch our DDs and daily spending to Monzo).

My wish list in order’s

1. Joint account switching
  2. Joint account pots
  3. Overdrafts (just in case - I don’t want to miss a mortgage payment if either one of us doesn’t get paid on time)

Also I’ve seen a few comments about having a curve card style reallocation of spending. Another +1 for this feature. e.g I don’t have my joint account card on me so I put supermarket spending on my own account but later I can move that payment over to the joint account. Its innovative, saves the need for multiple cards in my slim wallet and I would no longer need to use my Curve card for daily spending on my personal and current accounts.

4 Likes

The NFC chip is behind the camera on One plus handsets. I have the 3t and it took a while to get the NFC to work but it does eventually work. It because the handsets are metal

1 Like